• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigblue

Reaction score
Looking for the passenger backrest for the Corbin "factory seat" seat on my 05 GEN I. Is it really a factory option? Atl east that is what the guy who sold the bike to me said it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I know what you are talking about. I bought the Corbin seats, the pillion came with the backrest option and I have that backrest, never use it. I would be interested in selling it if you like.

I think I know what you are talking about. I bought the Corbin seats, the pillion came with the backrest option and I have that backrest, never use it. I would be interested in selling it if you like.
can you send me a pic & price

Yamaha no longer sells a backrest for the FJR, you have to go to Corbin for a new backrest. Price? Hold on to your shorts, Corbin wants $239 for the large oval backrest like Yamaha used to offer.

The corbin is the one I have and am willing to part with for less than the 239. Used.... Ready for this? Once. Wife says it is too low... Rather use the top box. I will part with it for $150 plus shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
The corbin is the one I have and am willing to part with for less than the 239. Used.... Ready for this? Once. Wife says it is too low... Rather use the top box. I will part with it for $150 plus shipping.
After speaking to the boss, she said the same thing. She prefers the extra secure feeling of leaning against the top case. Looks like I'll have to pass on this. Thanks