Barbarian Mod on '05

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I appologize for another Barbarian Mod post, but I am confused (Not unusual for me) and need to ask. I have read the info on making the mod to a '03 and the part about the '04 but after removing the white plastic pieces on my '05 there is nothing in the connector for #25 or #29 and I don't see how placing a resistor or wire in these two holes will connect with the male pin connectors on the ECU. Do I just put the wire in there and hope for a connection between the two male pins or do I need to find a couple of female connectors for this plug and crimp a wire in them? Sorry about all the sexual content!

I tried 18 gauge wire but it didn't make a good connection and then I tried 12 gauge cut to the depth of the connector and it worked well. I followed the rest of the directions for the programming and had no problems, but a lot less heat.

When I did my '05, I too had the same concerns. I fiddled around with the recommended resistor, but got nowhere. I ended up using a piece of stranded core 16ga wire, stripped back about an inch. Stick the ends into the socket, snap the little retaining bar back in place, and plug it in. The strands of the wire deform around the pin on the ECU and make the needed connection. The mod evened out my bike's performance noticeably.