Barber Motor Sports Park - AMA June 22-24

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBandit

Reaction score
Anybody going to be in Birmingham for this AMA event? If so, give me a shout.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just moved to Huntsville Alabama from St. Louis Mo.area. I was not aware of races so close. I go to Indy every year for Moto GP. If I can pull away from unloading Boxes I may make the short 90 mile ride to Birmingham. Would there be any issues with getting tickets at this late date?

Mike

No issues with tickets, it is a very large facility that can accommodate a lot of folks. Come on down. Drop me a PM if it looks like you are going to make it and we'll get together before hand. I'll be open to go either Saturday or Sunday, preferably Sunday.

Sometime during your new life in Alabama, go to the museum at Barber. Don't do it during the race weekend, it will be crowded, make another trip for it. You can spend a day in there easily. So pick a day, run to the museum, when you're done, eat and go home.

Eat somewhere not at Barber. Their Five-Star Catering company (That's their name, not their description) has no clue, and is expensive as hell, and has an exclusive for food at the track facilities.

There will be four of us riding up on Friday from Lakeland, FL.

Me and GaryaHouse on FJR's, my brother on his Concours 14 and another friend on a ST1300.

Will be at the track Saturday and Sunday.

Dave

FYI - regarding tickets for the AMA race at Barber this weekend. Tickets can be purchased through Living Social at a discount. Just have to sign up for Living Social and search the Birmingham deals. I believe this offer expires at 5 am CST tomorrow morning (June 19th).

Triumph SuperBike Classic Presented by America's First Federal Credit Union

Admission for One to Superbike Race on June 23 or 24 ($17) or Admission for Two with Paddock Access on June 24 ($49)

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be heading down from Nashville. Hope to be there by 5 Friday night. Any good eats in Leeds or do you have to go into B'ham?

You have the standard fare at the next exit (exit 144) including a great Mexican restaurant. For that, go south at exit 144 and it is immediately to the right by the end of the ramp. Same side of I-20 as Walmart and Lowes.

Other than that there are the usual suspects for fast food along with Ruby Tuesdays, Cracker Barrel, and Waffle House.

Latest posts