Barnes Brothers in Canonsburg, PA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BkerChuck

Second hand vegetarian
Reaction score
This weekend Dianne Fuhrman and I were participating in the Co-Void 20/20 long distance motorcycle endurance rally when on Friday night on our way to Pittsburgh and our rest bonus I began to notice the bike not handling properly. On I-79 heading north at highway speeds I realized we had a tire going flat. We were able to get off the highway and put air in the rear tire but were not able to find the cause of the leak. Continuing carefully to our hotel we took our rest break and Saturday morning woke to find a once more flat rear tire. I put air in and we carefully rode back to Canonsburg and Barnes Brothers. We arrived before business hours but an employee came outside to see what we needed. I explained our situation and he directed me to pull around the building to the service area. Immediately one of the techs had me pull the bike inside and put it on the center stand and added air to the tire and began searching for the issue. He was able to find a small piece of metal about the size of a pin in one of the sipes of the tire. They didn't have a suitable replacement tire for my bike in stock, a Yamaha FJR1300, but another tech made a phone call to a friend of his at another small shop who did stock a suitable replacement and who could deliver it to Barnes within half an hour. I approved the repairs and they began pulling off my rear wheel and preparing to install the new tire once it arrived. Tire was dropped off inside of 20 minutes and promptly installed. This was all completed before the service writer could even get the job written up and they were even officially open for the day. This is just above and beyond what one would ever expect and especially in these times. When they told me the total for the repairs I was shocked even more. Often travelers get absolutely hosed by price gouging because they have no alternatives. This price was completely fair and within reason. I Googled the tire price while we were waiting and they sold me the tire for within a few dollars of online pricing and installation was well within reason. I can't recommend this place enough. We had to reevaluate the balance of our route for the rally but Barnes Brothers saved the rest of our event and our weekend. Chris, the tech who jumped in and began looking at my bike was the one who handled the entire repair and he went above and beyond to get us back on the road quickly. I never got the name of the other tech who called a friend to get us the tire and I apologize for that oversight but he rocks! This shop went above and beyond and to all my riding friends keep them in mind when you're in the area! You guys made a fan for life here. This to me is the epitome of customer service and a role model for how to treat a customer.