Because WE can Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave up and settled for Eureka tonight. Got a good soaking once I crossed the Golden Gate on my trek north. Finally dried out about an hour south of Eureka but by then too little too late. Uneventful trip other than freaking cold when I left Seattle and foggy most of the way through Oregon. I was questioning my sanity the first few hours.

Awesome riding with 'Bug and Carver, damn there's some nice roads in Cali !! Got to slay Rossi's driveway too! 'Bug claims to only ride five-over...now I know that's five-over the fastest car on the road. Speed limits are only a suggestion down there.

Home tomorrow nite. Awesome trip...loved every minute of it!

~G

Back at my shack in the hills. What a trip! Great time riding with 'Bug and Carver on those straight-boring Cali canyon roads...

Had to delay leaving Eureka until 8-ish AM as there was frozen water on the bike and cover. Brrr! North to Crescent City, temps hovered in the mid 30s and was in and out of fog banks as 101 twisted northward. I had initially wanted to make Crescent City Sunday night, but good sense stopped me. Good thing as there were two construction zones that would have made for a later arrival. Add some Elk sightings and the stop was a good decision.

While not unexpected, suffered no mechanical issues or flat tires. Had to change batteries in my wireless heat-troller but carried spares and planned for it. Only encountered one other touring rider heading southbound from Crescent City on a KTM S-A. Where was everyone?!?

As my two guardians noted, rolled in last night right around 8 PM. Ride time was about 10-1/2 hours plus stops for breakfast and dinner. The sky's opened up today so it's a good thing I made the push home.

Until next time...

~G

Sorry you had shitty weather going home but I'm still jealous. I toyed with trailering to Redding and riding from there but I'm not comfortable leaving my bride on her own these days.