Beer Swap at NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to bring a few local crafted beers to NAFO, hopefully to encourage a friendly beer swap. If everybody interested was to bring 2-3 beers from their local area, we could have quite a tasting party. Myself, I will bring 3 Lost Coast Brewery Great Whites or a Downtown Brown. I am hoping to trade for a Leninkugels if some one from the upper midwest would care to trade their fine lager beer for some flatassed overly hopped west coast crafted crapola ale.

I hope this sparks some common and international interest!

FWFE
Hey FWFE, I can get Leinenkugel here in Bozeman. I'll bring one for you. Classic Amber OK or do you want a lager?

7X

Fred, I love both the Lager and Amber Red, I will make every effort to reserve for you a Great White if thats your choosing. To tell the truth, dragging any American beer, be it mega or micro brewed into Canada is like taking fish sticks to a fish fry, hamburger to a steak feed, and your sister to the prom.

Canadian Beer Rocks!! This beer swap should be fun and WTF, we are all here for the fun!

FWFE

I'm pretty sure I can scare up a keg of local brewed stuff ... count me in!

@FJRGuy... we may need that support vehicle just to carry beer!

Griff

They don't let me drink anymore ( seems I was to good at it ) but if anybody wants some of the various brews from Central Or. let me know.

I can hear it now, One border guard to another. " There's been a about a hundred of those damm yanks dressed like power rangers bringing piss water into Canada, eh.." "Think we should call someone?"

Griff
Funny I just happen to have a class 6 beer truck license, so I'll drive if you wish :)
And herein lies an "accident" waiting to happen. When there's a beer cargo, Pierre can easily get very lost.... way beyond anything you've ever heard about Bungie's GPS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Griff
Funny I just happen to have a class 6 beer truck license, so I'll drive if you wish :)
And herein lies an "accident" waiting to happen. When there's a beer cargo, Pierre can easily get very lost.... way beyond anything you've ever heard about Bungie's GPS.
Give Pierre a whole keg of beer and it will be the last anyone sees of him, last reported heading deep into the woods of Maple Syrup country.

Beer & Beaver Tails ........... mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! :)

Anybody interested in a Belgian White called "Shocktop" brewed in St. Louis, MO? I don't know how far it travels, but I've bought it as far south as Florida.

Anybody interested in a Belgian White called "Shocktop" brewed in St. Louis, MO? I don't know how far it travels, but I've bought it as far south as Florida.
I volunteer to try it! Don't think I've ever had a Belgian white wheat beer?

However, this excerpt from their site concerns me:

Shock Top is brewed to be enjoyed responsibly by adults.

©2011 - 2012 Shock Top Brewing Co., Shock Top Beer, St. Louis, MO

Al :D

I volunteer to try it! Don't think I've ever had a Belgian white wheat beer?

However, this excerpt from their site concerns me:

Shock Top is brewed to be enjoyed responsibly by adults.

©2011 - 2012 Shock Top Brewing Co., Shock Top Beer, St. Louis, MO

Al :D
I imagine they will make an exception in your case.

I will only trade it for locally brewed Canadian horse piss. And yes, that is what Clydesdale horses and St. Louis beers have in common.

I will only trade it for locally brewed Canadian horse piss. And yes, that is what Clydesdale horses and St. Louis beers have in common.
We don't have to brew horse piss, we get it naturally :p

How about this?

ss.jpg

Yes, I had it the other night at Old Chicago, it was touted as the "Microbrew of the Month"...except it's owned by Anheuser Busch!!! Microbrew my ass! (It was still pretty tasty)

I can now find some good microbrewery beers from Québec at the BC Liquor Stores so I’ll bring some samples for people to try.

No worries if you don’t like them, because I do!

:p

I will gratefully try MOST any brew placed before me, as Pinhead, 'Zilla, and Beemerdon will attest to reference the chili beer tried in Taos. I have simple tastes.

Brings to mind an afternoon a couple of months ago, when I was sitting on a pier at a restaurant on the Gulf in Florida. I was working on an all-u-can eat fish'n chips and Amberbock ('cause that was what was on tap).

At the table next to me a woman with a European accent (I won't name which Swedish country she said she was from) wanted to know if they had "sparkling water". The waiter replied, "We have club soda." Air temp dropped 10 degrees, totally unacceptable.

Beer? "We have Shock Top".

"Whazzat?"

"A Belgian White beer."

She ordered it, and then proclaimed "what a great Belgium beer" it was. I almost told her it was brewed in St. Louis by Clydesdales at A/B.

Table on the other side of me had a group from Michigan who were ordering what sounded like their last meal, they were so particular.

"What kind of fish is in your fish'n chips? Grouper?"

"No, it is cod."

"I'll have scrambled eggs and bacon--- extra crisp."

I had a good meal and a beer.... sometimes I am so glad I am so "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" and not sparkling water. I love people watching.