Best Old Fashioned Hamburger Joint

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
I just received my new Arizona Highways Magazine and they have listed the top places in Arizona to have an old fashioned hamburger, fries and milk shake. I'm glad that Mr D's in Kingman was rated #2 in the state for this category. They are situated along Route 66 in Kingman Arizona.

Mr D's was one of the stops made during the FJR ride through Oatman ghost town and up through the Hualapai mountains last year in '08.

I just received my new Arizona Highways Magazine and they have listed the top places in Arizona to have an old fashioned hamburger, fries and milk shake. I'm glad that Mr D's in Kingman was rated #2 in the state for this category. They are situated along Route 66 in Kingman Arizona.
Mr D's was one of the stops made during the FJR ride through Oatman ghost town and up through the Hualapai mountains last year in '08.

Hey Big D, I have next week off and a ride to Kingman would be fun....got time to meet for lunch??

Burk

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ever get to the Atlanta area, try one of the Varsity burgers. They may not be "great" but they are exactly what I remember from my youth.

Hell yes Burk! I was planning a ride to Kingman anyway to pay my yearly property taxes anyway. Taxes which seem to raise every year now!

Let me know which day and time and I'll meet you there!

Orestes and I stopped there last year also for lunch during his ride through the Western states ride. I met up with Orestes between Bullhead and Las Vegas and we rode Route 66 through Oatman, then following it until we hit freeway in Seligman, then parted ways in Williams as he turned north towards the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and I continued on into Flagstaff to stay the night at my daughters place. As soon as we left Mr. D's it started raining on and off all the way to Flag. Sometimes pretty heavy. I got tired of switching into and out of my rain gear. That was the first time I had met Orestes. He is a really nice guy and good company to ride with.

They have great onion rings and the banana splits fit the requirements for the Los Robustos cuisine!! Yum Yum!

Don mentioned he may want to ride through the Hualapai mountains on the way to Wikieup. It could be a simple layover at Mr D's if you think you can handle a banana split or some other taste treat an hour or so before "Eat at Joes", I'm game. I'm not "a-scared"!!!

They have great onion rings and the banana splits fit the requirements for the Los Robustos cuisine!! Yum Yum!
Don mentioned he may want to ride through the Hualapai mountains on the way to Wikieup. It could be a simple layover at Mr D's if you think you can handle a banana split or some other taste treat an hour or so before "Eat at Joes", I'm game. I'm not "a-scared"!!!
Trust me Big-D, I've ridden with johnny80s before. Juan is perfectly capable of having a double-double cheese burger with onion rings and a banana split at Mr. D's Diner; then ride through the Hualapai mountains; then eat the beef brisket at Joe's!

Orestes and I stopped there last year also for lunch during his ride through the Western states ride. I met up with Orestes between Bullhead and Las Vegas and we rode Route 66 through Oatman, then following it until we hit freeway in Seligman, then parted ways in Williams as he turned north towards the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and I continued on into Flagstaff to stay the night at my daughters place. As soon as we left Mr. D's it started raining on and off all the way to Flag. Sometimes pretty heavy. I got tired of switching into and out of my rain gear. That was the first time I had met Orestes. He is a really nice guy and good company to ride with.
I remember it well, I enjoyed it so much I even over-tipped the waitress in Mr D's.

Until they all went to office buildings, some of the best greasy fried burgers in town were at the bowling alleys.

Bud's Broiler is a New Orleans burger chain with about 6 restaurants around town. Nearby is the 24 hour establishment...being bipolar, insomia and hunger can go hand in hand:

note - they shut down the grill and clean it from 5:30am to 6:30am

GalaxyBlue Posted Oct 16 2009, 07:32 AMHey Big D,

Is EZ Take Out Burger still in Havasewer? They make great greasy burgers!
Yes, its still there. But now its called Classic Burger. It is used a lot for car club rendezvous. I think Havasu probably has more car clubs than just about anywhere. This coming weekend the "Run to the Sun" car show is happening.