Best Pennsylvania Roads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ed

Reaction score
I am putting together a webpage of the Best Pennsylvania Roads by region. The intent is not to create a site of good roads - that has been done well elsewhere. I am concerned with only the Best Roads - the kind that riders go out of there way to ride. I understand that the roads in southeast PA may not be as good as the ones in the North Central & that the bar may be a bit lower in one region compared to another. I would be grateful for your help. I have spent a good amount of time putting a first draft together: https://www.newenglandriders.org/BestOfNewEngland/BestRoads/PABestRoads.htm

I am looking for the 10 Best roads for each region.

I have also started a first draft on the Best views in PA that can be seen from a rest stop, an overlook, or a pull off: https://www.newenglandriders.org/BestOfNewEngland/BestViews/PABestViews.htm

I would be grateful for any overlooked views.

Next I will do places to see and restaurants.

New England and Eastern NY have been completed: https://www.newenglandriders.org/BestOfNewEngland/BestOfNewEngland.htm

Next I will finish NY and do New Jersey. Once these States are done, I'd like to do Quebec and Atlantic Canada.

This site has been created by New England Riders as a way of giving back to the Motorcycling Community.

You already have the PA roads that I would have suggested, and also the scenic views, so the only suggestion I can offer is in the things to see category. Pymatuning spillway, on the Linesville to Hartstown road near Linesville, PA . Thousands of carp waiting to be fed , and ducks and other birds literally walking on top of the fish. The YouTube video below explains it better than I can.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You. Did I place it correctly on the map?

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205424363164654509538.0004ea329b87345a80f09&msa=0&ll=40.934265,-78.266602&spn=2.913135,6.344604

You already have the PA roads that I would have suggested, and also the scenic views, so the only suggestion I can offer is in the things to see category. Pymatuning spillway, on the Linesville to Hartstown road near Linesville, PA . Thousands of carp waiting to be fed , and ducks and other birds literally walking on top of the fish. The YouTube video below explains it better than I can.
Pete

The actual spillway location is here: 41.629847,-80.441456 You kinda spotted it a bit north.

We have a summer cottage at the lake, and the place where Ducks Walk on the Carp is a pretty popular draw for families. Many camping locations throughout the park surrounding the lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few I've ridden and enjoyed: Sipes Mill Rd. between Rt. 30 and Rt. 522, Oak Grove/Mattie Rd. between Breezewood Rd. and Rt. 26, Rt. 326 between Flintstone, MD and Bedford, PA, Rt. Rt. 915 north from Rt. 30 to Wells Tannery Rd. to a left on Rt. 913 to Broad Top City. If you hang a left on Broad St. to Six Mile Run Rd., you'll find 2-3 miles of interesting twisties before you get to Rt. 26.

The actual spillway location is here: 41.629847,-80.441456 You kinda spotted it a bit north.
We have a summer cottage at the lake, and the place where Ducks Walk on the Carp is a pretty popular draw for families. Many camping locations throughout the park surrounding the lake.
Thank you! I knew that I was close.

A few I've ridden and enjoyed: Sipes Mill Rd. between Rt. 30 and Rt. 522, Oak Grove/Mattie Rd. between Breezewood Rd. and Rt. 26, Rt. 326 between Flintstone, MD and Bedford, PA, Rt. Rt. 915 north from Rt. 30 to Wells Tannery Rd. to a left on Rt. 913 to Broad Top City. If you hang a left on Broad St. to Six Mile Run Rd., you'll find 2-3 miles of interesting twisties before you get to Rt. 26.
Thank you! Seems like a great start to a Ride for our Rides Page. I'll work on a PA Rides page eventually.

I've had an interest for some time now in riding over to Centralia, just to check it out. Anybody think it's worth it? (Other than an excuse to ride that is.)

Been to Bloomsburg area, good riding (not great like it's southern neighbor WV).

Not sure about that underground mine fire as an attraction but maybe? At least you could warn your feetsies ;)