Best place to purchase tires in SoCal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatNakedGuy

Reaction score
Taking a long ride toward the end of this week and am in the market for new tires. Will remove the wheels from the bike and bring them in for mounting/balancing.

Can anyone recommend a good dealer in SoCal to purchase from?

Also, what is the hot ticket these days for tires on an FJR? Last time I researched the Avon combo appeared to be a good value.

Thanks!

First we can't tell you unless you let us know where your going. Otherwise you just missed a great sale 15% to 70% off parts at Mission Yamaha over mothersday weekend. I bought all my new summer gear, and lots of tires on sale too. Cyclegear has very good competitive prices, I bought my pirellis there, but I will probably get my next set thru J & P Cycle heres my link. J & P cycles

I got my avons from FJRGoodies. I don't know how quick you need them - they will have to ship.

+1 for cyclegear

Below is what they quoted me on a set of Avons 3 weeks ago.

Since you are already planning on taking your own wheels off your bike that opens up your options, allows you to lube/check the rear, clean up the forks, etc...(all the things a dealer will not do)

Avon Azaro-ST AV45/46

Front $81.99

120/70ZR-17

Rear $109.99

180/55ZR-17

$15 each for mount & balance

San Diego store gave me the quote (may vary store to store)

Last edited by a moderator: