Best setup for iPhone and GPS mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again to all for the feedback.

I'm glad it's also taken a turn towards a tank bag discussion. That's the next item on my list that I haven't really researched much. The RKA or other electrified options would be good......but then again, there are probably many shorter trips that I wouldn't want a tank bag for, but may want my electronics......therefore I'd have to come up with another wiring solution depending on the ride.

Hmmmm.........must ponder this some more.

Love the X-grip holder, have one on the Left like that on mine and my wife's bike also. I use my phone as my main GPS now , as I can listen to my audiobooks and hear my directions through bluetooth without the expense of a Zumo. Pretty pleased with the Sygic gps software software and hard to beat the $11 price I paid.

I have software installed for my Android phone (Samsung G3) that keeps the screen on all the time, and if I hit the home button twice it brings up a Grid of BIG ASS Icons (Car Home) I can smash with my gloves on to run what I need.

I have a backup GPS mounted in the center on the Ram Ball mount, but to me keeping it simple (all on the phone) has really worked well.

My simple setup:

P1020681.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used RAM mounts for the Zumo and the Iphone goes on the X-Grip on the left. X-Grip works great for holding a phone in almost any kind of case. I use the phone for music, live radar and a second GPS if needed.
9078792483_009af61f36_z.jpg
When I have been on the RAM site, I have not seen that reservoir mount like you have, any insight on where to get would be greatly appreciated!
Here you go.

https://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=34&zenid=4k11r5s0jqaq8t1mphna2un5t2

I used RAM mounts for the Zumo and the Iphone goes on the X-Grip on the left. X-Grip works great for holding a phone in almost any kind of case. I use the phone for music, live radar and a second GPS if needed.
9078792483_009af61f36_z.jpg
When I have been on the RAM site, I have not seen that reservoir mount like you have, any insight on where to get would be greatly appreciated!
Here you go.

https://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=34&zenid=4k11r5s0jqaq8t1mphna2un5t2
Yep, that's the one I use too.

Prepare to be thoroughly confused.....

Mission accomplished.

;-))
Hard not to be, there's just so many choices. The best I think you can do is sit on your bike and guess. I chose the brake reservoir cover shown later in this thread and that's it. I have no radar detector, no phone mount, no dash mounted, no cup holder, no ash trays and no coffee pot. But that's just me, to each his own. Live and let live I always say....