Best slip-on exhaust to buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beemerdons, did you email Dr Rich directly for a deal? I am after a pair of Leo Vance pipes myself and I understand that someone has got a good deal mentioning this forum. Who do you speak to? May I also ask re model and price?

Cheers

Luis

Anyone know a good place to get ahold of Beowulfs for a Gen 1 FJR? I've been searching around and cant seem to find them available in the U.S...
I don't know of any dealers stateside, but you can go to their website and see all of their products. My cans arrived in a weeks time with no problems at all.

Holy Crap the Beowulfs are expensive! At current exchange, £450 = $820USD, more if you have to pay VAT and/or shipping. Of course Akra's top the "Are-you-kidding-me?" list at $1,550.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dale Walker...

Not the best 'bang for the buck' but definately good quality and a nice sound: Akrapovic...

wheelstriping_7.jpg

I will just leave this here....arrived pre-Christmas trip, and waited until yesterday to install. I've ridden both with and without the baffles installed, and will probably go with baffles. A bit deeper throat to my ears.

-1254269081-L.jpg

Have a look also at Yamaha's own GYTR exhaust. Definitely not the cheapest but I think it is one of the better engineered out there. Ran 2 Bros. on my 2010, never really liked looks all that much. I have the GYTR' s on my '14, and love them. They are made by Yoshimura for Yamaha. Very nice.

I have Holeshots at Holeshot.com. They may not be the best looking, but you don't pay as much. Also every time I'm in a group like at the EOM for example I get numerous compliments about the sound. They are nice and deep without being to loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also interested in this thread because of a recent mishap. It seems cheaper to buy a pair of Slip-ons instead of a right side OEM can. 700 bucks is what the new can is costing from the dealer. Plus I need a right bag in 04 Silver and a tail piece.

Thanks for the info

I am also interested in this thread because of a recent mishap. It seems cheaper to buy a pair of Slip-ons instead of a right side OEM can. 700 bucks is what the new can is costing from the dealer. Plus I need a right bag in 04 Silver and a tail piece.
Thanks for the info
Check e-bay.

There's a pair available right now: off an '03, in excellent shape, starting bid $40.00, shipping $45.00

Holy Crap the Beowulfs are expensive! At current exchange, £450 = $820USD, more if you have to pay VAT and/or shipping. Of course Akra's top the "Are-you-kidding-me?" list at $1,550.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dale Walker...
You can always buy a set of the best highly polished stainless steel, beautifully finished, deep throaty sound STOCK, OEM cans for a mere $ 1400 including tax in CA......