Best slip-on exhaust to buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stock exhaust is only $500 per side on Boats.net for the 2nd Gens.

Or you can get the 3rd Gen cans for ~$375 each, $750 for the pair (no cats inside)

But some take offs would likely be much, much less.

Last edited by a moderator:
it really comes down to what sound and look you want....performance wise is all the same, a 2" hole is a 2" hole

I installed my new Two Brothers Carbon Fiber Black series on the FJR today and they sound amazing. Deep, Throaty, nice growl, and not too loud in my opinion. I will tell you how they sound out on the road in a few months.
smile.png

$679.00 at morepowerracing.com

I have a set of takeoffs from a 2012 with ~2000 miles on them, and would be willing to work out a reasonable deal with anyone needing them.

As far as a "2 inch hole is a 2 inch hole" then I don't even know where to start with that
no.gif

FWIW Stat of the Day: I pulled out the sound meter this morning and measured my 18" Delkevic's when starting cold. At 2 feet distance directly behind and level with the exhaust output they measured 112dB. Although I didn't measure again a minute or so later when the engine temp was at 1 bar, then the sound was noticeably slightly lower.

Stock exhaust is only $500 per side on Boats.net for the 2nd Gens. Or you can get the 3rd Gen cans for ~$375 each, $750 for the pair (no cats inside)

But some take offs would likely be much, much less.
No cats no ride no license plates no insurance in CA. If caught the tickets and fixes would cost twice what a new OEM exhaust would cost.

Besides, all the ECU junk is set up for a certain elected back pressure and reducing/modifying anything on the exhaust makes the bike run worse and creates nothing but noise pollution.

Let's not confuse noise with power. Normally these are reversely proportional. The louder the less power. See Harley......

The cats aren't in the cans on the FJR - they are at the header collectors. To eliminate the cats, you would need to by new headers and collectors (such as the Dale Walker Holeshot system).

Another vote for the Remus Hexacone. Expensive, but very nice. I got the titanium version (outer shell is brushed titanium). I also like the minimal logo and a real mounting bracket instead of a strap wrapping around the whole can.

completed_bike_rear.jpg

completed_bike_side.jpg

The cats aren't in the cans on the FJR - they are at the header collectors. To eliminate the cats, you would need to by new headers and collectors (such as the Dale Walker Holeshot system).
That is incorrect. Gen II FJRs have cats in both the headers and both exhaust.

+1 - That is why the cans are so expensive for 2nd Gens. You can replace them with 1st or 3rd Gen cans if you want to be rid of the 2nd set of cats.

This is what I put on. It was the best because it is what was available at a good price and my other ones had a dent in them

Thanks Allen!!!

B86CC548-A0BA-4216-9EF8-0B4FD7308223_zps1gefkrjx.jpg

Other Side

B9423531-8C23-4B97-97E3-344EB75CA39B_zps2i66azyk.jpg

They sounded better than the Stock ones, but it was kinda hard to "hear" what they really sounded like in the garage and without it coming back down off of idle.

Installed the Delkevics 17 inch tri oval carbon fiber cans about six months ago and am very happy. Nice low throaty sound and in 30 seconds you can pull the restrictors if that is your thing.

Another vote for the Remus Hexacone. Expensive, but very nice. I got the titanium version (outer shell is brushed titanium). I also like the minimal logo and a real mounting bracket instead of a strap wrapping around the whole can.
That's what I'd get, if not for the springs. How can Mama Yama build an exhaust with no straps/springs, but others can't?

Having straps keeps the cost down for the 3rd party exhaust manufactures by making fewer types of cans that can fit many different motorcycles. The price for the few that custom fit the FJR without straps are a lot more expensive.

Last edited by a moderator: