Best Yamaha repair shop in San Jose, Calif

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msflanag

Reaction score
Looking for a good local mechanic in the San Jose, Calif area. I'm will to travel around the area also if it takes that. I have want to do the valve adjustment soon. The reviews of the local dealers (GP sports on Camden and El Camino) are not good. Don't know about the San Jose Yamaha dealer. thanks for your help, Mark

Looking for a good local mechanic in the San Jose, Calif area. I'm will to travel around the area also if it takes that. I have want to do the valve adjustment soon. The reviews of the local dealers (GP sports on Camden and El Camino) are not good. Don't know about the San Jose Yamaha dealer. thanks for your help, Mark
Mark,

I had San Jose Yamaha do my 52K valve job on my FJR and a valve job on my wife's Vstar 1300 early this year. They also did a couple of regular services for me before and after. I can't remember the name of the service manager who was there when I did the 52K. The last time I was in (this summer) he was out for surgery and I've not been down there since.

Their service was prompt and got them back on schedule and the cost was in the ballpark of what my previous mechanic charged (since left the area/I can't find where he went).

I've got to East Bay Motorsports in Hayward to change tires on both bikes and they were on time and prompt. But have not done a big service with them. They do have a policy that they will not mount tires which are NOT the ones spec'd for the bike.....

I need to have both bikes serviced before the end of the year and debating between the two. Hayward is 25 miles closer for me...... but....

Mark,

I had San Jose Yamaha do my 52K valve job on my FJR and a valve job on my wife's Vstar 1300 early this year. They also did a couple of regular services for me before and after. I can't remember the name of the service manager who was there when I did the 52K. The last time I was in (this summer) he was out for surgery and I've not been down there since.

Their service was prompt and got them back on schedule and the cost was in the ballpark of what my previous mechanic charged (since left the area/I can't find where he went).

I've got to East Bay Motorsports in Hayward to change tires on both bikes and they were on time and prompt. But have not done a big service with them. They do have a policy that they will not mount tires which are NOT the ones spec'd for the bike.....

I need to have both bikes serviced before the end of the year and debating between the two. Hayward is 25 miles closer for me...... but....
You did mean valve check/adjustment, right? I guess I'm old school. Valve job meant removal of the head, cleaning and grinding the valves to the correct angle to fit the heads.

GP

Mark,

Thanks Roy,

I talked to them but had not talked to anyone that had work done. What was the cost of the valve adjust and did you notice any improvements? Was there any valve noise before you brought it in?

Thanks again,

Mark

Mark,

thanks Roy,

How much was the adj? Did you have valve noise before the adj?

thanks

Mark