Beware of forest rats (deer)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds more like the bosstones then the deftones.....can hear it, a bit, though.....hillarious.....anyone hungry?

I love the:

[SIZE=12pt]"No animals were harmed in the editing of this film" [/SIZE]

during the credits. Really witty, eh what?

Mad....you ain't canadien, eh.....can't use that when you live in kalifornia.

Mad....you ain't canadien, eh.....can't use that when you live in kalifornia.
Let's see, A Texican trying to tell a Californian what to post about a Canadian video. Hmmmmm! One would think from the language spoken in the video my posted response was within the context and language syntax of the community who was "taped" in the video. I noticed that as a Texican, it is proper for you to use "eh" in your response to me. Rather odd, when one would expect to read, "Y'all"! (Apologies to the Ewings. :D )

IIRC, the nearest you currently are to Canada is as an Oilers fan. Maybe you should put down the keyboard, step away from the computer and open another adult beverage?

Last edited by a moderator:
And THAT is why I added the $5.95 farkle from Wal-mart last night. Dear whistlers. I don't know if they work but I didn't hit a deer today!

And THAT is why I added the $5.95 farkle from Wal-mart last night. Dear whistlers. I don't know if they work but I didn't hit a deer today!
An Oil Company in Northern Alberta tried a bunch of those Deer Whistles back in the 80's, seemed to reduce the number of Deer hit, But the number of Moose hit increased during the time they were trying them.

Have you ever seen a Moose up close and personnal, Ugly Mothers and they can seriously wreck your day. I'll take my chances with Bambi..

I don't believe there have been any studies showing they're effective at all.

Lots of anecdots, but I dont't think they do any good.

Did I just hear a SLAP! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :D Atta boy, Mikey!
Yeah...kinda out of character. I just got off the bike from pre-riding next weekend's "Open Passes" (I did in 5 1/2 hours what will take us 8+), 102 in the shade in Calaveras, just as hot in Elk Grove, and I was rather "medium-well". Reacted badly.....should'a let it pass. Just doin' my TWN impression.

Video showing slow-mo impact with deer (posted on fjrowners)
Video (10.1 MB)

For you Mac users, you can play Windows media files with this
Be sure to catch - lenz's post ( 3rd one down, on Link to post ) 90mph thriller :eek:

After watching video, I've come to a conclusion- It's like fishing, The Fish Catch You !