Big Bend in March

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AStar

Reaction score
Just to let some friends know that the COG will be holding its annual Big Bend Ride on March 14 - 16th. We will be staying in Alpine and most will be at the Antelope Lodge. This will be during spring break the the Hotels fill up fast. The COG has reserved several rooms. I have been a member for some time and there are alot of FJR's at attend. So be advised, if you were looking for somewhere to go in March, here it is. I have also been told that the WildFlower Ride will be later in March in Hunt, Texas. Also a go ride to go on.

The FOCC will be there-weather permitting. We go to the BB once a month during the winter months. It's the best riding in the world for my taste.

Since HSTA's Ride the Rio isn't happening this year, about a dozen of us so far are doing a "Not Really Ride the Rio" the week before your dates (March 5-9).

Plans are to stay in Kerrville on Wednesday, Fort Davis (Lympia Hotel) Thursday, and Chisos Mining Company Hotel in Terlingua on Friday/Saturday. Hopefully Spring Break won't have started yet, and the weather will cooperate.

No matter when you go, or who you're with, them's some good motorcycling roads down there mang.

Since HSTA's Ride the Rio isn't happening this year, about a dozen of us so far are doing a "Not Really Ride the Rio" the week before your dates (March 5-9).
Plans are to stay in Kerrville on Wednesday, Fort Davis (Lympia Hotel) Thursday, and Chisos Mining Company Hotel in Terlingua on Friday/Saturday. Hopefully Spring Break won't have started yet, and the weather will cooperate.

No matter when you go, or who you're with, them's some good motorcycling roads down there mang.
For what it's worth.... Feb 21-24 there was another 'unofficial' Ride the Rio event organized by a Terlingua local and it was a spectacular non-event. Most of the riders and bikes were dual sport, but there was a full street contingent as well. The absence of the HSTA event drove the inception of "Uncle's" non-event. Most folks stayed in Terlingua or Study Butte, some camped, some had hotel rooms... all had a blast. It was posted on TWT (Two Wheeled Texans for those out of TX) and I think it had some exposure on ADV too.

There will be a repeat next year, if there is interest here I will try to remember to post up the event when it shows up.

The 2009 event is on the schedule already. Linky for more info.

This year was a blast! We had a huge dual sport contingent along with sport bikes, Adventure bikes, scooters, even a big cruiser with a sidecar.

Heading out there over Memorial Day weekend with about a dozen others from Central Texas. Never been there, looking forward to it.