Big Bend, TX Ride in October 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallara

Reaction score
Hey, Folks.

Just wanted to drop a note in here and let anyone interested know that about a group Texas Big Bend Ride this coming October. It is not an FJR exclusive ride, and at the moment includes BMW's, Honda's, Triumph's, Kawasaki's, Yamaha's, and even a sprinkling of Harley's! Currently there are about 20 riders that will be in attendance, and they range from not just all over Texas, but also riders coming from New York state, Florida, Arizona, and California. Many of these riders were at last year's Big Bend ride we hosted, and others were at our Spring Hill Country ride.

We base out of Alpine, and we get great support from the community... Things like the local beer distributor providing us with free keg beer for our evening *bench racing* sessions. :yahoo:

We also get catering support from some local restaurants, and a great deal from our base hotel in Alpine, with free, full breakfast's (eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc. and all the trimmings) each morning. Previous riders in attendance range from construction company owners, video production supervisors, ex-motorcycle dealers, race car shop owners, current commercial pilots, retired military pilots, printers, auto dealers, ranching real estate brokers, motorcycle aftermarket accessory providers, corporate oil company officers, motorcycle mechanics, ex-motorcycle racers (pro and amateur both), retirees, and a whole lot of other interesting professions. It certainly makes for an eclectic and entertaining mix.

The dates for this year's Fall Texas Big Bend Ride are Thursday, October 26th through Sunday, October 29th, with a number of riders arriving on Thursday evening for a full day of riding on Friday. Others will be arriving throughout the day on Friday, and there will be rides on Saturday and Sunday, too.

Our group is pretty loosely organized. You can ride at your own pace, and hook up with whatever speed group you prefer. We essentially set waypoints. At those waypoints everybody stops and waits for everybody to catch up and check in... Then on to the next one at whatever pace you like. There are plenty of planned fuel stops to get even the most thirsty bike covered for its mileage.

If you have never ridden in the Texas Big Bend Country you simply cannot imagine what you are missing.

Currently there are still some rooms available, though they are going fast. Once these are gone it is doubtful accommodations will be easy to find as there are two other major events eating up rooms in Alpine that weekend.

If you are interested in the ride and want more information on it, please contact me at pagan (AT) intcomm (DOT) net, or drop me a PM (but e-mail is better and gets more prompt replies), however...

If you are interested in a room please contact Lewis at [/b]thejordancompany (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net and tell him Dallara sent you.

You can also post any question or suggestions right here. Hope to see a bunch of you FJR Pilots there!

Thanks!

Dallara

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt if I can make the Big Bend Ride but am curious about the Indy connection. I just returned from a week in Colorado with a dirt bike ride originated by Wally Dallenbach and run out of his ranch in Basalt, Colorado. As you probably know, he was chief saftey stewart for many years as well as a driver in the 'old days.'

Doubt if I can make the Big Bend Ride but am curious about the Indy connection. I just returned from a week in Colorado with a dirt bike ride originated by Wally Dallenbach and run out of his ranch in Basalt, Colorado. As you probably know, he was chief saftey stewart for many years as well as a driver in the 'old days.'

I know Wally, Sr. very well, and his son Wally, Jr., too. Know Peppi well, too. Wally was chief steward for the CART series, not Indianapolis, though.

Be happy to answer any questions... What are you curious about regarding the "Indy connection"???

Dallara

Last edited by a moderator: