Bike keyed at work!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HyperPete

Opinionated curmudgeon
Reaction score
So, some asshole keyed the saddlebag on one of my bikes at work. Waiting for parking lot video to be reviewed.
fuk.gif

I'm going to try to polish it out,, but I'm pretty certain that this when through both clear and color coats. I guess I'll be contacting Gerauld.

20190712_153829.jpg

20190712_153834.jpg

20190712_153842.jpg

Some careless women with a fancy pocketbook would be my guess.

That sucks,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks,

Dave
Not a chance. Look at how far over my bike is from the line between spaces. Also, they are some nasty-deep scratches. That did not occur from something brushing up against it. Also, lean angle when on the side stand would favor the trim, and below the trim for accidental damage.

That sucks,

Dave
Not a chance. Look at how far over my bike is from the line between spaces. Also, they are some nasty-deep scratches. That did not occur from something brushing up against it. Also, lean angle when on the side stand would favor the trim, and below the trim for accidental damage.
Based on that picture I agree that it was not accidental.

I am not justifying that kind of stupidity, but do you have any enemies at work? Did you cut someone off on your way in that day?

That sucks,

Dave
Based on that picture I agree that it was not accidental.

I am not justifying that kind of stupidity, but do you have any enemies at work? Did you cut someone off on your way in that day?
I'm in Cybersecurity. A lot of people don't like me at work.

It looks accidental to me.It looks like someone scraped it with their vehical from front to back,realized they scraped it and backed up to get off it.The front fenders on that Jeep look about the right hight...just saying.It still sucks,they should have left a note with contact information.

Not a key maybe some sort of tool. The wave spacing towards the front is too evenly spaced to be a simple key. Also like DCR32's explanation

People. Ammirite?

Had a car keyed at work one time for no other reason than I was parking in a reserved-for-IT slot. I was using my POV to get around base because GOVs were all spoken for and deadlines. How dare I not park way out in the carpool areas! How dare I use my own resources to do my job! How dare I park in a clearly marked spot so I didn't have to carry hardware from a quarter mile away in the non-carpooling spots? We saw a lot of animosity by the blue collar WG toward white collar GS sides of the workforce. How dare we come back late from lunch when we didn't get breaks and left for lunch 2 hours late because of software builds we couldn't stop when the WG break/eat/break whistles blew.

Idiots that don't take the time to think it through and lead with class-warfare.

I'll chime in and vote for keys. Looks to me like three, maybe two keys held together. My guess is in the right hand at arm's length as they walked past it from front to back, trying to make it look chicken-shit casual. Gave it a little backwards scratch at the end for good measure but probably never broke stride as they slithered past. Best of luck with the camera footage and the hunt.

I vote accidental. Someone doing that on purpose just takes a key and slides it from back to front as they walk by in one long line quickly so they don't get caught.

When I was younger and lived in a cheap apartment complex the cars would get keyed every weekend like that. People just being mean.

It looks accidental to me.It looks like someone scraped it with their vehical from front to back,realized they scraped it and backed up to get off it.The front fenders on that Jeep look about the right hight...just saying.It still sucks,they should have left a note with contact information.
I doubt it was accidental. If it had been another vehicle it would have damaged the Yamaha trim piece and likely made a much deeper groove in the bag.

Had something similar happen to me at work years back, except they keyed the left compartment cover. Ended up putting reflective tape over the scratches. The suspected individual didn't like (his words) "J@p bikes"... (we had a few heated words about his opinion). He was also the guy suspected of putting rocks in my oil... Sorry to hear about your misfortune...

I'm sorry that happened to you. I would expect intentional keying to leave a long scratch marring as much saddlebag as possible. This looks kind of short like an abrupt back and forth motion. Also, it's on the surface where the curvature of the saddlebag makes it stand out farthest at that particular height above ground. Some part of another vehicle could have brushed by it.

Anyway, your saddlebag still looks way better than mine. Mine like to lay down on asphalt and in gravel like big pillows. My bike is just really sleepy.

Take a tape measure and match the height of that jeep fender. I don't think it was done by human hands myself.

Hope you catch the bastard,

Dave