Bike show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bustanut joker

Reaction score
Man what a crowded waste of time. I went to the cycle world/ toyota truck sponsered bike show today... lets just say I hope it's better when it comes to your area.

To many bikes and vendors in way to small an area, add 1/2 hour to drive two blocks to get into the center, people that had no clue as to what was happening with parking etc. Piss poor dealer reps in the Yamaha booth ( hell I spent more time dispelling misconceptions about the fjr than the Yamaha shirted jokers),plenty of Booze but not enough food.

The new feejers look pretty good though :D but man did the bags take a beatin' on the sit on me bikes. I'd have to say they attracted the most attention the two times I was in the display area but nobody from yamy was anywhere :eek: . Looking forward to warm weather just to test drive the ae bike as I'm curious to see what it's like

Ah, I forgot the Hooters girls were darn fine too :bleh: Bike was so so, one of the teutles fancy 25 miles and yer ass is dead, bikes.

'nuff said.

:jester:

Made it to the Novi show also. Drove right in...were we at the same place joker? It was packed though. Must have been the shitty weather, raining / ice and 30 F, had some very interesting driving on the way down. It still amazes me that these people can't drive in slick conditions...duh

The FJR's looked good IMO. Much has already been said, so I won't reinvent the wheel here. Can't wait until the new blue comes in!

--G

Yep they sure look good 'specialy the Blue ones.

I arrived about noon due to icy roads on and off most of the way and yep it's hard to belive people forget that crap is slick :erm: , half a dozen ditch bound vehicles most were 4wd to boot :lol: !

Traffic was at a standstill three quarters of a mile from the 'rock'.

Just wish Yamaha B) would have had the knowlegable reps that Victory brought along, those guy were really top notch! No Cycle World people either, ah well I'll catch Egan later this summer.

:jester:

B.

The venue in Novi, MI was a lot better than running down to Cobo Hall in Detroit.

I concur with the parkling situation, as it appears that they were more interested in taking your $5.00 than making sure there were adequate spots in the parking lot.

I think that they will do na better job of it in the next year or two. Great to see all of the interest in spite of our stressed local economy! :D

Our annual Michigan mid-winter shows do tend to get everyone in the mood for warmer weather, don't they? B)

Oh well, what's another 4or 5 months of waiting, anyway? :bleh:

Can't wait until the new blue comes in!
--G
G,

I guess that you will have to take delivery on the new blue somewhere other than Stevens cycle in Bay City eh?