Bike won't start

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SigepKat

Reaction score
Hey guys, after pulling the fairing to fix the mirror, now my bike won't start. Battery's charged, the starter's spinning (seemingly faster than normal?), but it won't fire. Anyone have any ideas? I'm supposed to leave for CO tomorrow for a week on my bike. This could put a real damper on it...

CM

Never mind! Turns out she was just mad at me for not riding for two weeks. Stayed on the starter and she finally fired. Crisis averted!

When I saw your initial post and the year I was thinking it was fast starter syndrome. Now that you updated and its an 09 I did a search again.

The searches point to a couple of different items; battery, not warming up enough and gas. It sounds like your battery is good to go. How old is the gas - how long has it sat with that gas? Maybe a flooded situation. I think the fix for that is crank away with a WOT and she will eventually sputter, pop, chug and then roll over.

That is just my guess.

sweet - have a great ride.

Sitting for 2 weeks likely was the start of fuel phase separation where the ethanol and water sink to the bottom...... an ounce or two of Seafoam will fix you up in this case.

Latest posts