Bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerfjrfaster

Reaction score
Hey gays and gals

I am no longer a FJR owner :dribble: sold it last week on ebay and bought a 07 KLR 650 dual sport, now when the road ends I can keep going dont have to turn around and go back. Its a kick a-- bike as MadMike2 knows. :assassin:

rogerfjrfaster :ph34r:

Hey gays and galsI am no longer a FJR owner :dribble: sold it last week on ebay and bought a 07 KLR 650 dual sport, now when the road ends I can keep going dont have to turn around and go back. Its a kick a-- bike as MadMike2 knows. :assassin:

rogerfjrfaster :ph34r:
Roger.........you must have missed the memo, you need both...........then you got it all covered.........after

40 years on bikes its the combo I have ended up with.....................FJR/KLR ...............

Swap a FJR for a KLR?......... theres got to be more to this story!

Dont you mean when the pavement ends, you can keep going? Its when the road ends that things get interesting! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Both is the way to go.I'd sure miss the power of the FJR if I only had the KLR.Besides,the FJR is a better cold weather bike....the KLR is the better hot weather bike.They really compliment each other well and cover just about any type of riding.

Roger.........you must have missed the memo, you need both THREE...........then you got it all covered.........after 40 years on bikes its the combo I have ended up with.....................FJR/KLR / ZX-14 ...............
Fixed it for ya! :yahoo:

I sold a small cruiser before the FJR and I actually miss that little bike sometimes ... I'll never part with the FJR however (except to get a newer one) ... I doubt I will get rid of another bike again ... just add more.

I sold a small cruiser before the FJR and I actually miss that little bike sometimes ... I'll never part with the FJR however (except to get a newer one) ... I doubt I will get rid of another bike again ... just add more.

I know the feeling. I had a highly modified Honda Magna V4 cruiser that my wife convinced me wouldnt fit in our garage with the boat, FJR, car, etc. I was dumb enough to listen to her and sold the bike. NEVER AGAIN! I sure miss that sucka! :angry:

Also have both - the KLR is the 1990 Tengai street-oriented version like the one below. Great run-around and errand bike. Sounds like an enraged Briggs & Stratton with the 19-year old muffler. As it is such a reminder about how good the Feej is, I just figure that they're a complimentary set.

698651_b_a1b55459330b2cc2.jpg

Now, where'd I leave that carb cleaner?

I have considered a KLR 650 or a Vstrom 650 as a 3rd bike. There is no way I could replace my FJR, not a chance.

I have considered a KLR 650 or a Vstrom 650 as a 3rd bike. There is no way I could replace my FJR, not a chance.
One of my unavoidable mistakes was trading my V-Strom DL650 in pursuit of yet another ride in a long series. Money is a consideration after all for a single bike budget. For the price she had the finest balanced engine/transmission/fuel consumption I've yet to ride.

Rode a KLR650. Nice bike, very popular up here in Alaska. And while better in the pure dirt no doubt, not anywhere near the smoothness of the V-Strom. Now that I've finally settled on the '08 FJR for touring (it's paid for), my next bike will be yet another V-Strom 650 for Alaska's rough roads.

I bought the V-Strom for a leisurely fishing trip with good friends to Inuvik, NWT, but forest fires that year closed the Taylor highway so we never made it. There's still time. And fish to catch.

Gary in Fairbanks

Holy smokes. For $3k that has to be the lowest selling price ever for a (Non-totaled) FJR of any year or mileage.

I sure wish one of those would come up out here on the right coast. I'd love to get a 2nd Feej for my boy to ride.

I wish i could put my XR650 back on the road. I don't get a reduction in insurance for another 5 years. Now it only gets an ocasional blast around the farm. I sure do miss it, in fact i was telling the wife that this weekend. I put 14,000 miles on that bike in 2 years. Someday maybe.

Latest posts