Black hills roundup I I thanks and home safe thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
Well, another FJR Rally is in the books. Things are winding down with the storm. New and old friends are saying good night and goodbye till next time. Routes are planned, bikes are semi loaded, ready to take us to the horizon once more.

No accidents (other then some hail damage) no performance awards (sorry to dissapoint, but I still have a few days to go) but lots of great stories, miles and friendship.

Big John truly lived up to his name. Changing out several tires, mechanical help and tour guide. Everything was flawless, the hunters stew amazing and Saturday dinner could not have been better. The steaks will be remembered for many weeks to come. The salmon was grilled to prefection. And, as a bonus, I learned quite a bit about the Lions club, what they do and how they help every corner of our planet. If you can, send a few bucks their way, or better yet, give some of your time and help out where you can.

We are off to Glacier, bellies and hearts full.

Safe travels all

Good folks,roads and food are a hard combination to beat. Hats off to John and his crew. We should be home on the fourth. I could make it in three days but need to dodge Yellowstone.

Gail and I made great time across I-90 and are now home. It was great seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. Thanks John and all for a great and well organized rally!

Huge shout out to John for another most excellent event! Jill and I hit the road just after 6A and endured wind, wind, wind and more wind until finally pulling the plug in Missoula. Easy ride tomorrow to get home and wrap up this two-weekend adventure.

Great seeing all y'all again. Looking forward to next time!

~G&J

I know what you mean about the wind. Got to a point I thought the wheels were going to come out from under us.

Had a blast in Glacier today

Ya sure,brutal wind coming into Dillon Mt. Today. Tomorrow Lolo pass.

I had a rough trip home-- had to stop in a rest area along I90, recline the driver's seat, and take a nap for about 30 minutes before continuing on.

Plus there were no Steak & Shakes along my route in Iowa and I had to settle for a Maid-Rite and a beer in a parking lot for supper. While I mostly had tail winds, it did appear to be rather hot and noisy out side the windows.

Adventure riding at it's best.
coolsmiley02.gif

I should have stayed up north. On a 2 lane in my own backyard this morning going to meet coffee buddies when a pickup popped over a hill crest on my side of the road. Closest call I can remember in 15 years.

Remember: the average Missouri driver is below average.

Small world, ran into Ray and Patty just west of Lolo pass. Staying in Kamiah for the night.

Hwy 12 is an amazing road that needs some serious repaving