Blessed By The Bike Gods

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings FJR Peepo. It's great to be a 2022 owner. A nod to Yamma for this wonderful piece of technology. With approximately 300,000KM ridden over 40 years (not consecutively), I've owned a Honda 750 Custom, a Kaw 1500 Vulcan, and just recently, a Kaw Vaquero V-Twin 1700. I tend to keep my rides until they have high mileage so here's hoping the FJR experience will take me there. Here's to new adventures!!

I tend to keep my rides until they have high mileage so here's hoping the FJR experience will take me there.
What do you consider high mileage (kilometerage)? I put almost 300,000 km on my '07 in the nine years I owned it and sold it still in great running condition with very little in the way of anything but normal maintenance. Never even wore out a clutch and engine was never touched other than to check and adjust valve clearance a few times. (I expect it is still on the road three years later.) Only 150,000 km on my 2011 but I just got it three and a half years ago (with 55,000 km).

It will take a while to wear out the 2022. Without a doubt, my FJRs have been the most reliable pieces of machinery I have ever owned.
Have fun with it!

Oh, and welcome from New Brunswick!

Hello and welcome.
Wow! 40 years. That's a decent list you have there. Can you share some pics?

What do you consider high mileage (kilometerage)? I put almost 300,000 km on my '07 in the nine years I owned it and sold it still in great running condition with very little in the way of anything but normal maintenance. Never even wore out a clutch and engine was never touched other than to check and adjust valve clearance a few times. (I expect it is still on the road three years later.) Only 150,000 km on my 2011 but I just got it three and a half years ago (with 55,000 km).

It will take a while to wear out the 2022. Without a doubt, my FJRs have been the most reliable pieces of machinery I have ever owned.
Have fun with it!

Oh, and welcome from New Brunswick!
Very impressive. That means you covered about 90km day for the 9 yrs you had your '07, and are currently accumulating approx 85km/day based on the time you've had your '11 (ballpark numbers here). That's some serious riding lol. Still, you'd have to consider how the km's accumulate and what bike you're riding to subjectively arrive at what one might think is high mileage. I'm thinking that FJR's make those kilometers seem not as many while you're in the saddle, while other bikes might feel like you just finished the ride from hell. Sweet.

Very impressive. That means you covered about 90km day for the 9 yrs you had your '07, and are currently accumulating approx 85km/day based on the time you've had your '11 (ballpark numbers here). That's some serious riding lol. Still, you'd have to consider how the km's accumulate and what bike you're riding to subjectively arrive at what one might think is high mileage. I'm thinking that FJR's make those kilometers seem not as many while you're in the saddle, while other bikes might feel like you just finished the ride from hell. Sweet.
Averages are funny - the majority of the kilometers are probably piled up during trips. Successive 1000 kilometer days add up quickly. Not much in the way of trips this year other than 7,000 km to Winnipeg and back to visit my daughter (six riding days and a five day visit). Another 5000 or so in local day rides. I usually do more but have had other stuff going on. I used to go to New England a few times per year for riding and camping in VT and NH but haven't been there since the start of Covid - next year! I have done as much as 50,000 in one riding season - April to early December. The rate will decrease - I just bought a 2017 BMW F700GS for some dirt road riding capability and saddle time will be split between the two bikes. Not getting any younger either.