Blood Drive in LA for Turbo Dave w/ CONTEST

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Cow! Woke up to 5 inches of snow, So Cal is washing away.

Baby shit I say, nothing the Feejeer can't handle. Think warm thoughts for my driveway, the snow should be melted enough by Sunday to get out on the road as Kaiser will have a warm needle for me on Monday. If Turbo can ride the IBR, what's a little weather.

Well mother nature won this round.

I really wanted to escape this stuff for sunny LA. Wishing all the best for Turbo, as you can see I even had a sign for some hottie nurses to encourage Dave but your stuck with me..

Farrgingsnow003.jpg

The Feejeer wants to get out.

Farrgingsnow001.jpg

To all who have responded to GZ's support for blood donations for me , I want to say a very sincere thank you for the help, prayers and well wishes. This upcoming operation will be my second since Dec 05 to repair aorta aneurysms on my aorta(main vein that feeds blood to my body). I have arterial sclerosis(hardening of the arteries) which is a arterial disease that can not be stopped but only be controlled via life style, prescriptions or surgical repair. It mostly affects males in the +60 age range. It is most often only detected by random xray or physical exams. In fact it is often called the "silent killer" as the afflicted person, such as I have been, were not aware of the problem. I would offer a suggestion to all males, to periodically have a physical and get a chest xray to discover if you have an anuerysm. Of course, I am not a doctor, but I have learned the value of being checked over. Again thanks to GZ and all those that are pulling for me. I truly appreciate your caring. FYI, I sure plan on being back on the road ASAP, if that is to be.

Holy Shit Bugnator, what a GREAT IDEA!

Everybody print out "GO TURBO GO" or whatever strikes your fancy on a piece of paper, and get a pic of yourself wherever you are and post it here.

Outstanding.

Thanks again everybody for pulling out the stops for Turbo.

Bitchin.

GZ

100126GZb.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I was working on clearing my Saturday so I could take a quick ride to LA and donate some blood, but I was informed that they only take donations Monday through Friday. :(

Now I'm trying to see if I can either get Monday off, or *cough* get sick then.

Holy Shit Bugnator, what a GREAT IDEA!
Everybody print out "GO TURBO GO" or whatever strikes your fancy on a piece of paper, and get a pic of yourself wherever you are and post it here.

Outstanding.

Thanks again everybody for pulling out the stops for Turbo.

Bitchin.

GZ

100126GZb.JPG
Just a bump, I want to see more mugs.

I was working on clearing my Saturday so I could take a quick ride to LA and donate some blood, but I was informed that they only take donations Monday through Friday. :(
Now I'm trying to see if I can either get Monday off, or *cough* get sick then.
Oh No. :angry:

The Red Cross is now in the posession of 2 pints of the best blood of all.

One pint from me, and one pint from the missus.

Well, just fuck. :angry:

They won't accept my blood due to 'current conditions' and meds I'm on. Which I don't want to talk about meds on a public forum. Damn. damn. damn, I am very angry right now. :angry: :angry: :angry:

You healthy peeps need to get off your arse and make this happen for Turbo. I should have kept my mouth shut during the question process. They are denying my donation for 'my sake', not because of what's in my bloodstream would be harmful to the recipient.

I should have kept my mouth shut during the question process.

I'm familiar with that feeling. Until a few years ago, I was a regular donor of both whole blood and plateletpheresis. Then they had the Mad Cow scare, which rules out anyone who lived in the UK, as a blood donor, permanently. Don't they realize that ordinary folks couldn't afford to eat beef? I almost wish I'd never said anything but I did and now I'm off the list of desirable donors.

Both Andy and I have each had our lives saved by donated blood. Each day at work, I see lives saved and enhanced by the generous donations of blood from volunteers.

I urge everyone who is eligible to make a donation. Even if your blood isn't credited to Turbo Dave, your donation will have been inspired by this thread and thus the good karma will reflect on both you and him.

I should have kept my mouth shut during the question process. They are denying my donation for 'my sake', not because of what's in my bloodstream would be harmful to the recipient.
Ya made the effort, DC. That counts in my book.

When the missus and I went in to donate, she was worried she wouldn't be allowed because the last several times she tried to donate, her iron had been low. This time around, the stars were properly aligned or some such BS and she was able to donate!

You healthy peeps need to get off your arse and make this happen for Turbo.
Gunny!

Well I squeaked in under the gun, but I don't think I made the longest trip award................ At under 6 miles from work to Kaiser Hollywood, is there a shortest trip award? ;)

Dave

I wish ya the best when ya go in under the knife!

You are an inspiration to me.
Just got back from the Red Cross in Newark (Fremont). I know it won't help getting you closer to the required units banked to permit your operation, but I have a idea it will be used anyway.

I feel a bit emptier this evening. Not for long though, they gave me cookies. :)

Brodie

Donated my pint for Dave just now. I haven't donated in many years, but apparently I still qualify! :yahoo:

They don't do any kind of designated donating here, unless you want to donate for yourself ahead of a planned surgery. Oh well, maybe the pint I gave will be one less we have to borrow from Kalifornia and that'll leave another available for Dave. :clapping:

To everyone who donated blood, or wanted to but couldn't for whatever reason, Turbo and myself thank you from the bottom of our boots to the helmet visor.

You've been simply beyond awesome.

I spoke to Turbo earlier, he's in good spirits and has his family around him.

I'll keep the forum posted as to how things pan out.

Thanks again, you are all a wonderful bunch.

GZ