Blood Drive in LA for Turbo Dave w/ CONTEST

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To everyone who donated blood, or wanted to but couldn't for whatever reason, Turbo and myself thank you from the bottom of our boots to the helmet visor.
You've been simply beyond awesome.

I spoke to Turbo earlier, he's in good spirits and has his family around him.

I'll keep the forum posted as to how things pan out.

Thanks again, you are all a wonderful bunch.

GZ
I understand Dave went under the knife approx 0730 today. Any updates G?

Nothing yet Don, but stay tuned to this thread, as I'll be updating everyone here ASAP.

Fingers crossed.

GZ

To everyone who donated blood, or wanted to but couldn't for whatever reason, Turbo and myself thank you from the bottom of our boots to the helmet visor.
You've been simply beyond awesome.

I spoke to Turbo earlier, he's in good spirits and has his family around him.

I'll keep the forum posted as to how things pan out.

Thanks again, you are all a wonderful bunch.

GZ
I understand Dave went under the knife approx 0730 today. Any updates G?
12 hours. Relieve my tension with some good news.

Didn't get to ride out from the right coast due to white shit, can't fly due to finances, but prayers aren't taxed (yet) and donating blood is still free, so count me in to donate my next pint in honorarium!

Here's to a speedy recovery, Dave, get well soon! Best wishes from the forum!

CJ

TURBO NEWS!!!

Turbo Dave went under the knife today at 0730, and emerged 2 hours later with ZERO corrective actions taken.

Turbo told me that after getting inside, the Docs decided that the entire pre-op plan was to be abandoned, and so they sewed him up and off to post-op he went. They will deliberate upon which corrective action to pursue, pending analysis of what they saw.

So in short, Turbo is A-OK, but healing from being opened up. He is still grateful beyond belief for everyones prayers and concerns. KEEP THEM COMING!

It looks like they'll let him heal before they go at it again, so little or no news in the near future is as always, Good News.

Much love to all concerned,

GZ

TURBO NEWS!!!
Turbo Dave went under the knife today at 0730, and emerged 2 hours later with ZERO corrective actions taken.

Turbo told me that after getting inside, the Docs decided that the entire pre-op plan was to be abandoned, and so they sewed him up and off to post-op he went. They will deliberate upon which corrective action to pursue, pending analysis of what they saw.

So in short, Turbo is A-OK, but healing from being opened up. He is still grateful beyond belief for everyones prayers and concerns. KEEP THEM COMING!

It looks like they'll let him heal before they go at it again, so little or no news in the near future is as always, Good News.

Much love to all concerned,

GZ
Here's hoping this can be interpreted as 'hey, it ain't is bad as we thought, leave well enough alone'.

I just want the best for my bud.

Thanks GZ for the info - will he be home tomorrow?

Up to my chin in gottas, oughtas, [& yeah OK, a few wannas], means Forum visits have been a bit sporadic just recently, ...so sorry to hear about all this Dave!! Being 64 my own self & gr8full for a bovine valve & a triple bypass [3yrs ago on New Years Eve] as well as a few litres of donated blood I'm sure, affords me total empathy for your circumstance Bud!! Keep On Keepin' On!!! Here's to a Turbocharged recovery!!! ...and DON'T STRESS, just remember we're "IN GOOD HANDS", & no, I don't mean Allstate or the Doc's [no offense to them]! ...& thanks for the reminder, I'll try to get down and repay a pint to the system here shortly.

y
Yea ! Thanks beeroux !

at home rehab phase wantiny to let my friens know still kuckin. my surgeon found out yhr scar tis in my ches surgery mad it too dangerous to preced am cloed up awaitin the next effort. thanks to all for support
Glad you are OK Dave, you have some seriously good pain meds. on board! I can tell...

This just in from his daughter. Don't everyone call at once. <G>

Hello to all-

Dave is progressing well at home regaining energy and resting a lot. Please feel free to email him or call here at the house 909-244-0611. He is reading emails again and using the computer a little bit now.

Thank you for your concern and support !!