Blood Drive in LA for Turbo Dave w/ CONTEST

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously, lots of people have been calling because I tried a few times this evening and got a busy signal... so maybe I'll wait a few days. Judging by Turbo's post, he's taking advantage of the pain meds... :D

I'll try again in a few days to give my boy a chance to rest a little.

Love you so much, Dave and so glad you're home. You will definitely be in my thoughts.

XOXOXO

Kitty

This is serious business. Dave is far too kind and appreciates all that we would do to cheer him up via the phone BUT....I'm sure Mrs. Dave and Dave's "princess" are two "tigresses" when it comes to protecting him.

GOOD FOR THEM!

I'm sure that Mary Ellen and Jill (and perhaps SPU: Michael) could regale us with reports of those who needed rest and were driven away from their healing by a constant flow well-wishers.

Pray, send positive thoughts, etc. but please,give the man some space.

I know what procedures Dave has undergone and why. It's not for the faint-of-heart (very punny, no?) and he's a tough hombre. That they can't rectify the aneurysm(s) near his heart is troublesome, obviously the medical professionals intend to try another avenue of treatment once they determine how to overcome the scar tissue.

Heal, brother Dave. We love you and want to have you around for a looooong time.It appears it's not your turn, someone must have planned more work for you on this orb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just get well Dave as you have a breakfast to host in Eureka......One that i can go to this year.

R

I'm sure that Mary Ellen and Jill (and perhaps SPU: Michael) could regale us with reports of those who needed rest and were driven away from their healing by a constant flow well-wishers.
Pray, send positive thoughts, etc. but please,give the man some space.
As always, MM2 is the smart guy with the wise advice (sarcasm noticeably absent, for once). Time, rest and patience are what TurboDave needs right now. Prayers are always helpful, as are cards, email messages etc. Let the man know you care, in a way that he can accept on his timetable. Save the phone calls and visits until he says the time is right.

TD, if you're reading this, healing vibes are being sent your way. They're still being sent, even if you're not reading it. Get well soon.

Turbo, I'll not call, yet, but know you are in our thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery and that the pain meds don't run out!

(my attempt to make you laugh, Dave!)

good moring FJR Forum buddies. Just want to say thanks a million to all that have donated blood, prayers and good wishes for my recovery. I am slowly regaing some strength and stamina but will be limited in some activities for a while. Honetly want to swing my leg over the saddle but am not ready now.

Looking forward to thanking each of you face to face at Eureka this summer. again call if you want to 9092440611. later

Hey Dave, I was thinking of you today. Nice to read your post, hang in there you'll be burning fossil fuel in no time!

When the Doc's went into Turbo, they found arterial sclerosis. Meaning, arteries too fragile to work with. So they closed him up, and he's been home resting a gaining strength daily.

He is going to be evaluated for a new semi-experimental surgery using non-invasive techniques with artificial graft material made in Australia, and not yet approved in this country except for medical trials. This is at the well respected UCSF medical center in San Francisco.

Turbo is really humbled at all the cards and e-mails he's received. He thanks the entire community.

He's in tremendous spirits as far as attitude goes. He told me if he's not eligible for the new surgery, he'll just live the days he has left.

" I'm gonna run these tires to the cords Georgie".

A better outlook on life I have not found. You da Man Turbo.

GZ

good moring FJR Forum buddies. Just want to say thanks a million to all that have donated blood, prayers and good wishes for my recovery. I am slowly regaing some strength and stamina but will be limited in some activities for a while. Honetly want to swing my leg over the saddle but am not ready now. Looking forward to thanking each of you face to face at Eureka this summer. again call if you want to 9092440611. later
From one Royal Star/FJR brother to another. Heal well and may GOD bless you my friend.

Scooper

good moring FJR Forum buddies. Just want to say thanks a million to all that have donated blood, prayers and good wishes for my recovery. I am slowly regaing some strength and stamina but will be limited in some activities for a while. Honetly want to swing my leg over the saddle but am not ready now. Looking forward to thanking each of you face to face at Eureka this summer. again call if you want to 9092440611. later
From one Royal Star/FJR brother to another. Heal well and may GOD bless you my friend.

Scooper
good to hear from you Scooper, so glad u are a part of this fine group of FJR riders.take care

Keep on truckin Dave. Looking foward to seeing you for breakfast in Eureka. :clapping:

I don't know if it has been posted in another thread or not but incase it hasn't, Turbo Dave past away and his funeral is Monday August 21st

At Forest Lawn, Covina CA Time 9:00 a m with internment to follow at The Riverside CA National Cemetery.

It would be nice if we could have a large turn out on motorcycles.

Brian Degan and I will be attending on our Bikes.

Jim "Indian Scout" Hoffman