Bluestreeks Heading to Fortuna

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluestreek

Bluestreek
Reaction score
Wife says we are going to Fortuna the weekend of Oct 15th.

So who am I to argue. (I'm just the driver)

Saturday I thought we would join Bugnator on his ride to Quincy for lunch at the Courthouse Cafe. and then head north on 89. This will take us through Lasson Park (hopefully the road won't be closed for the winter)

We will end our ride for the day in Weed. We will be staying at the Quality Inn.

Sunday we will head over to HWY.3 and south to 299. From there we go west to Eureka and south to Fortuna, staying at the Comfort Inn.

Monday we head for home riding HWY 36 to Red Bluff and then south on 99.

This is my plan right now but could change due to weather or the health of certain family members.

If anyone would like to join us for all or part of our ride or join us for a meal they would be welcome. :) :)

Wife says we are going to Fortuna the weekend of Oct 15th.

So who am I to argue. (I'm just the driver)

Saturday I thought we would join Bugnator on his ride to Quincy for lunch at the Courthouse Cafe. and then head north on 89. This will take us through Lasson Park (hopefully the road won't be closed for the winter)

We will end our ride for the day in Weed. We will be staying at the Quality Inn.

Sunday we will head over to HWY.3 and south to 299. From there we go west to Eureka and south to Fortuna, staying at the Comfort Inn.

Monday we head for home riding HWY 36 to Red Bluff and then south on 99.

This is my plan right now but could change due to weather or the health of certain family members.

If anyone would like to join us for all or part of our ride or join us for a meal they would be welcome. :) :)
Ahh what a great route.

Great to hear you two can make the Quincy ride, I'll pencil in for the 15th if you can make it all the way to the Chevron :p

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great route! :yahoo: Seems vaguely familiar.

If Lassen is open, please take pictures...it was all snowed in at the end of May. I'd like to see what I missed...

Have a great ride Steve and Cindy! Wish we could run this one with you, but duty calls in the Great White North.

Some fall colors in Lassen when I rode through this weekend. There was a storm chasing me through there. Not sure if they got any snow, I stayed ahead of the weather on the way through there.

I got some pictures for you Wheatie! :)

If the bike's ready at Roseville Yama, I'll be on the Quincy leg, and maybe ride across to Eureka where I'd drop off, spend a day or two at my daughter's. Hope to see a good group on at least some part of this ride.

What a great route! :yahoo: Seems vaguely familiar.

If Lassen is open, please take pictures...it was all snowed in at the end of May. I'd like to see what I missed...
We will be keeping an eye on the road conditions as a sizable storm moves thru the area this week. If there is any snow or ice on the road we will be detouring around at lower elevations.

I so wish we could join in this ride - but life denies at this time.

So, do me a favor?

Have LOTS of ice-cream?

Steve and Cindy, I will certainly join/intercept your ride on 299/101, as things get closer, I will maybe ride over to Weaverville and hook up there? 299 is a Great ride....

FWFE

Just for your ride planning purposes, I should let you know I won't go beyond the Quincy day ride, if that much. That part depends on getting the bike out of the shop before the 15th (iffy). The post-Quincy part is scuttled by an obligation I can't avoid that requires me to be in town the next day, not galavanting all over the state doing motorcycle hooliganism. :(

Too bad. I LIKE motorcycle hooliganism.

Christy and I are going to bug you guys the whole weekend! :p
Good Deal! Can't wait. :yahoo:

I so wish we could join in this ride - but life denies at this time.

So, do me a favor?

Have LOTS of ice-cream?
Yumm! :) :rolleyes:

Old Station has ice cream! :)
Check. Thanks Sam :)

Steve and Cindy, I will certainly join/intercept your ride on 299/101, as things get closer, I will maybe ride over to Weaverville and hook up there? 299 is a Great ride....

FWFE
I hope you are not going to run us down in that blue and white utility truck. :huh: :eek: :p

... I will certainly join/intercept your ride on 299/101, ... 299 is a Great ride....
Yes it is! Have a great time. :clapping:

2011MAYKALITRIP305.jpg

...but if you must travel this area...watch out for these guys. They are no good... :D

2011MAYKALITRIP273.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, at least mark did not include the Urination on Highway 96 pic, not that I would remind anybody of that embarrassing moment... being from the hills, I understand... its the genteel city folk that get all a dithers... oh, and the Canadians... well, we just won't go there....

FWFE