Bluestreeks tearing up Idaho

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluestreek

Bluestreek
Reaction score
Left Marysville on Saturday and headed up Quincy LaPort rd and then on to Greenville for lunch.

After lunch it was off to lake almanor and then Susanville.

After Susanville we decided to head to Aiden for Ice Cream. It was pretty good. The temp was about 80 degrees, perfect for ice cream and riding.

Soon it was back on the bike and we headed for the super 8 in alturas.

Next morning(Sunday) it was off to Ontario Or.

the ride was kinda of boring as we passed thru a lot off ranch land and dessert. Arrived Ontario and things were getting hot About 90 degrees so we called it a day.

Today(Monday) we got a late start about 9am

Headed for horseshoe bend and then north to Banks. From there we headed for Lowman and Stanley. The weather was nice and cool high 70s great for riding.

From Stanley we followed the Salmon river north to the town of Salmon. Lots of rafters and fishermen on the river. What a great day. There were light showers a head of us all day but we were in the sunshine all day and never got wet. Every thing was clean and fresh.

I did these roads a few years ago with Turbo Dave and enjoyed them so much I wanted to comeback and do them in the opposite direction. I was not disappointed.

After Ice Cream in Salmon Cyndi and I headed for Hamilton Montana for the night.

Tomorrow(Tues) we head for Bozeman. All roads will be new to me so not sure what we will see. Should be an easy day. Were staying at the Super 8.

Weds its Beartooth pass and overnight in Cody. (Talk about pricey hotel rms)

We are staying at the best value inn.

Thursday its off to Yellowstone and south to Idaho Falls Red Lion For WFO-10-Not

looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Love that road you were on today, Steve. But yesterday's Alturas to Ontario ride isn't a stretch I like much, either. Beartooth is killer -- envy you doing that, but I gotta agree with your observations about Cody room rates -- did that two years ago while you went north to Alaska. Have fun, you two.

What a great adventure!

I made that same trip Rich mentioned. You're going to love Beartooth Pass. What a fun, amazing and scenic road. Uhm....Cindy will probably need her "warmies" near the top, so stop at the overlook.

Heading to Cody.....so you'll be riddint the Chief Joseph Highway, too? Stop and take pictures.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I take off on Sunday heading east via Cedar City, Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Mesa Verde, Durango, Silverton, Salida, and we'll keep going to PA before heading back on a more northerly route. We did Beartooth last year going northbound,from the NE Yellowstone entrance. fun road, and you won't believe the speed limit in the swithcbacks (70 mph).

Have fun. Check out this promo for Red Lion: https://promotions.redlion.com/roadtrip

We did Beartooth a couple of years ago on the way to NAFO. It is a great piece of road.

We are hoping for good weather. :) :)