Bolt missing after dealer installed Avons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is way too cool. Thanks a ton, everyone. I located the bolt at the local auto parts here in Rockport. They had it in stainless w/ a hex head the exact same length. I put in a call to the dealer in SA who did the work. Boy, was I geared up for that discussion. Closed on Mondays. Oh well. Tomorrow's another day. We'll see just how far the customer service will go.

I plan on using some blue locktite and tightening up tight but not over-wrenching it. For sure, I'll be monitoring it at the stops during the trip to FL. Also, plan on checking all bolts in the areas concerned.

Toe - gotta get my disfunctional garage cleared out a little (lot) but that group buy sounds interesting.

zzzzip: +1

Git-er-dan I had the front axle bolt holding on by only 2 threads when I had just bought the bike and brought it home last year. It pays to go over "all" the fasteners on the bike so you can really sleep well at night. So, git-er-done, er Dan. Take care, PM. <>< :D