boots scratching side cover?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no problem receiving and giving out crap to people I have come to know...but if someone who doesn't know me busts my ass for no reason...I'm gonna take that personally and either do something I will regret or move on...silent but pissed off. I tend to be polite to guests in my house...but that's just me.
So if you want to have a friendly banter with friends that's one thing...but to pop someone in the face who you don't even know is bad form IMO. Even in Cheers they only busted ass on the people they knew. But hey...this board is what you make of it...I personally don't mind people asking questions.]
+1 Thought that more than once myself
i always looked at is that by joining the forum, and having an FJR, that moves you beyond friend and into the "family" phase. what's the world coming to if you can't give your little brother shit in good fun?

my main problem with the tankslapper stuff is that the only bits that went on well and stayed on were those for the tank. the headlight stuff i couldn't get on without wrinkles and the side panel bits (or was that for the saddle bags) came off after not-too-long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the damn thing in the Garage if you don't want it scratched.. Those things tell a story.

Me buddy odot has one of the least attractive scoots out there, scratched and rashed to Hell, but it still runs as good as they get.

Shit, I have more chips and scratches from residue tossed up from traffic than I'll inflict with my gear. :blink:

:jester:

by joining the forum, and having an FJR, that moves you beyond friend and into the "family" phase. what's the world coming to if you can't give your little brother shit in good fun?
my main problem with the tankslapper stuff is that the only bits that went on well and stayed on were those for the tank. the headlight stuff i couldn't get on without wrinkles and the side panel bits (or was that for the saddle bags) came off after not-too-long.
I can't speak to that very well, since I've only installed the tank sides, which went well and have stayed on well. And the stuff I "custom cut" for just the top of the bags went well, but I didn't try to "wrap" the corners with the piece I cut. So I didn't have to deal with compound curves. Same with the little piece cut for the bottom of the side covers.

The 3 pieces I installed on the lower nose of the fairing were the thicker 3M material that Tankslapper provides for those problem areas. I found that MUCH harder to get on right. It doesn't reposition if you screw it up, 'cause it has an adhesive. It's much harder to stretch into complex curves, even with a hairdryer. And it's a bitch getting any bubbles out.

So that's my take on it. Might have a much different opinion if I bought the full multi-piece kit and tried installing the more tricky pieces.

Chris