Brake Fluid Change Fail

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't made that mistake in a long time. I started using a Mityvac hand unit for a long while. When the seals started to fail, I had a store credit at Sears after buying a rolling tool kit, so got one of these.

89-208-3__21455.1484172606.1280.1280.jpg

Bill,

Did you bleed the ABS system? There is a jumper that needs to be installed to do it which makes it extremely easy. If you want instructions with picture, PM me.

So, I'm careful about making sure I don't cause fluid to fountain out of my '07. Due to the warnings posted here, I've always known these bikes will do that and have been gentle.

Some of you will remember that my brother-in-law just bought himself an '03. I did that one EXACTLY like I do my '07, and fluid jumped out of the clutch reservoir. It was so sensitive that I dropped a nickel into it. The front brake side was about the same as my bike. The clutch was another story.

So, I'm careful about making sure I don't cause fluid to fountain out of my '07. Due to the warnings posted here, I've always known these bikes will do that and have been gentle.
Some of you will remember that my brother-in-law just bought himself an '03. I did that one EXACTLY like I do my '07, and fluid jumped out of the clutch reservoir. It was so sensitive that I dropped a nickel into it. The front brake side was about the same as my bike. The clutch was another story.
Yeppers. my '03 was a real gusher when I first did it.