Brake Line Length

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spankyaf

Reaction score
I need to replace a Spiegler brake line due to leaking. Surprisingly they dont know the length of the line I need and asked me to measure the distance hole to hole.

The bike is an ABS 04 the line runs from the up front splitter to the left front brake.

I get 39 cm stretching a wire from centre hole to centre hole but it's not a direct line.

Can anyone confirm that distance or just tell me the length of the brake line that has been used?

Thx in advance

Sorry, I don't remember the 'standard' length. What I do remember from the last group buy many, many, moons ago, was that many folks ordered lines longer than 'standard' to account for handlebar risers. Just something you may want to consider.

Sorry, I don't remember the 'standard' length. What I do remember from the last group buy many, many, moons ago, was that many folks ordered lines longer than 'standard' to account for handlebar risers. Just something you may want to consider.
Thx .. but this line is from the splitter down to the brakes not the splitter up to the reservoir ... or am I more confused than I realized?

I'll search around for some really old threads perhaps its listed there

Last edited by a moderator:
r am I more confused than I realized?
I'll search around for some really old threads perhaps its listed there
I don't think so, and won't be one I'll harp on searching about. I don't ever remember it being documented on this forum.

However, why don't you just measure your leaking line?

He dead measure, and was asking for for confirmation. At least that's the way I understood it.
Hmmm. I had kinda thought he might be measuring the whole of the brake caliper to the manifold, but I see it now.

I got 43cm on my '05 ABS from brake line hole to hole...the left one from front caliper to the manifold. It's a Spiegler line....I tried once.

Last edited by a moderator:
He dead measure, and was asking for for confirmation. At least that's the way I understood it.
Hmmm. I had kinda thought he might be measuring the whole of the brake caliper to the manifold, but I see it now.

I got 43cm on my '05 ABS from brake line hole to hole...the left one from front caliper to the manifold. It's a Spiegler line....I tried once.
Thx for checking ... I'm perplexed by the Spiegler instructions. I'm guessing you followed the path of the brake line where I ran a string from hole to hole as tight as possible.

There wouldnt be any difference 04 ABS to 05 ABS aside from colour?

Thx for checking ... I'm perplexed by the Spiegler instructions. I'm guessing you followed the path of the brake line where I ran a string from hole to hole as tight as possible.
There wouldnt be any difference 04 ABS to 05 ABS aside from colour?
Oh, it was what I was thinking.

Yeah, they're going to want a line length...not hole to hole taught. See if that measurement is closer to 43....I might have been +/- a 1/2 centimeter.

Yes, I'm 99.9% sure the '04 ABS and '05 ABS have the same lines and lengths.