Bridgestone BT021 Long Term Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engage front brake, roll on throttle, ease off clutch, make lots of billowing tire smoke. ;)
that's kinda childish. :huh: ;)
Yeah, some of us just never seem to grow up. ;)
Owning a Vmax for a long time kinda helped me grow out of it.....well sorta

I have 021s on and think I'm about 2/3 through them with about 5k miles on them. My front tire was wearing on the sides and developing the ridge on the center running 40/42 psi. I upped the front to 42 psi and the wear seems to have settled down. I'm happy with the grip, ride and turn in with these tires. The thing I don't like about the 021s is that the front tire is noisy which also seems to be pressure sensitive (higher pressure = less noise). Do these tires need higher inflation to stand up?

This tire is stock on a lot of C14s, anyone know how it is doing on that bike? I think the C14 specifies 42/42 inflation.

I started out with the stock 020s, than needed a new front due to a cut, got an 021. it changed the feel of the bike, and not for the better. I now have about 1500 miles on a set of pilot road 2s and I love them. Did several hundred miles down the coast in the twisties and lets just say that I think I will need new foot peg tabs soon.

I guess i am the only one who mounted 021's and loved them... I have 6300 miles on the set and they are going to be changed out before spring, But the tires held up rather well for me!

I guess i am the only one who mounted 021's and loved them...
No. I luvs my 021 also. It's in the back, but I might have to spring for the PR2's next go-round. Hopefully by then, somebody will have some life expectancy numbers put up....

I think you should wait until the steel is feathered through that thing before you change it. Might as well get your moneys worth :blink: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You mean something like this B)

IMG_4188.jpg
the same thing happen to my dunlop 220 rear in about 4000 mi's

I guess i am the only one who mounted 021's and loved them...
No. I luvs my 021 also. It's in the back, but I might have to spring for the PR2's next go-round. Hopefully by then, somebody will have some life expectancy numbers put up....
I like the rear so far, but I have heard from a buddy the front does wear rather fast for a front tire.

After getting 2300 out of the last rear 020, and 3K out of the last front 020, I put an 021 on the rear and I'm going on 4k with it, looking like another 800-1200 left... so I'm rather liking the 021 so far. Grip as been Bridgestones usual, no problems.

I had to put a 014 on the front and will be lucky to get 4k out of it. We were on a ride in AR and that as the only thing the dealer in Neosho, MO. had. Love the feedback it give though. :) Might be I just replace my front and back with the 014 and 021 from now on every 4k. Doesn't look like I'm going to find a tire that will do much more than that on the rear of this bike.