Bridgestone front tire noisy compared to other brands?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two wheels

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Bridgestone front tires producing more noise than other brands of tires?
I bought a used 2013 and compared to my 07 with road 5's on it this thing makes much more noise. I know it's the tire, On the way home from La Pine I had the opportunity to ride some brand new asphalt, On the new stuff it was sooo quiet BUT on the rest of the trip it was very loud.
Any input?

Which Bridgestones? I am currently running a set of T32 GT and they are not especially loud. It has been awhile but it seems to me the T30 EVO I ran a few years ago were worse. I don't think I ever ran a set of T31...
A lot of tires are much worse as they get worn. I found Michelin PR2 fronts fairly noisy (and crappy) by the time they were halfway to the end of their life.
I wear foam earplugs to protect what's left of my hearing so tire noise is rarely an issue for me.

Yes Sir , It is a T-30 Evo.No cupping and still about 50% tread left so I will run it till winter then replace.I was just curious if this was a normal occurrence with the BS tires as Michelin is my choice for tires.I wear ear buds playing music from my Sena and can still hear the tire its that loud.Could turn up the volume but I don't want to blow my ears up.

I am not worried about the noise I was just asking if the amount of noise is common to this tire.I like my music while riding MOST of the time, When get tired of it I also have some great ear plugs that I transfer to.Between the two I always have some type of hearing protection.