Bubbler GPS/Android/Spotwalla Interface

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not seen this option in Bubbler (or if it's even possible), but does Bubbler have the option to start a trip in Spotwalla?
Ray
I think you are meaning... have Bubbler (app itself) start a spotwalla page/date/event (trip).

If so, then the answer is No.

(no offense Twigg, just thought this was deeper than what you were thinking)
smile.png
Yep. This is what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Ray

While spot may be preferred for the emergency signal (About the main benefit other than no data connection needed to upload pings).
BUT...

You can't beat free boyz! Yepper, Bubbler with tracking sent to spotwalla = $0.00 subscription fees.

On the data. I have Verizon and it works perfectly with Bubbler running in the background on my Samsung phone. I also use the phone as a BT connection to my Garmin (BMW Nav5) GPS, it gives me a weather overlay on my GPS screen (nice to see the clouds/storms and animated directions of, as you ride). When I go into Canada I simply put the phone in Airplane mode. I lose my weather overlay, I also now am buffering the pings up to spotwalla. No biggie other than for real time trackers. When I get to my hotel (I can wifi it to update) or I can wait till I'm back in the U.S. to trigger back out of Airplane mode.

For me, works perfect. No additional fees... mainly cuz I'm a cheap bass-tard and hate subscriptions!
Ditto, except using SW Connect on iOS device (iPhone4).

Seems very capable, and the nice thing is that since SW Connect is buffering the samples, whenever you do go out of cell data range and then get back G3 signal or wifi it will then update all those past points on SW as well as the future ones. I don't think SPOT will do that will it?

I'm also on Verizon, so the US G3 coverage is pretty good. Ran a test ride a few days ago in preparation for our Vacation Ride to the Big Sky in August. It kept a pretty decent log, even with the data report rate set at 5 minute intervals;

Test Track

Last edited by a moderator:
I tracked a 6000 mile trip last month using Bubbler with my Galaxy S5 on Verizon. I'm sure it cached points a few times but about the only sections it missed were a few mornings where I forgot to launch Bubbler until after I'd started. Spotwalla Link