Buffalo River Arkansas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRmartin

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm planning a trip to Arkansas in Aug. and thinking about canoeing the Buffalo River while there. Anyone have any experience or information they could share on outfitters to use or best section to float?

Thanks

We do an annual float trip, in May, on the buffalo and use these guys Buffalo River Outfitters.

It will be hot and if we don't have any rain just before you come to the river...it will be slow. Will want to float the lower half of the river if it hasn't rained.

Lots of places to stay up there and beautiful country.

Let me know if you need additional help.

Yea.......

what Raclow said! :)

It's been a few years since my last canoe trip on the Buffalo......but never in August...to slow..lack of H2O, you'll be out pushing or walking way to often...much better water in May..no later than June.

Take out at Gilbert, AR pop. 7 counting 1 coon dog. :lol:

Thanks for the info. Slow is what I'm looking for...but don't want to be carrying the canoe. Dates are set for the trip...just thought I'd try canoeing while I'm there. Guess I'll just have to see how much water there is...or I could just have another day for riding...hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
The outfitter will help you with entry points and take out points at the time you are in the area. This river can change over night so wait until you get here to make any concrete plans. There will be plenty of canoes. IT IS GOING TO BE HOT...bring LOTS of water.