Burnin' through a tank....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
20150618_194052_zpsw5d4dh1p.jpg

My wife and I joined my brother for a nice leisurely two-day tour this past weekend. He peeled off for home as we came past Helena on Sunday afternoon. As we then rolled through the big sweepers in the canyons between Helena and our home in Butte, another rider caught up. We were running about 80 so I was somewhat impressed. The rider soon went around us and I spotted Idaho plates. I wondered...

When we got home, my wife said, "That was an FJR. correct?" I affirmed, then noted the Idaho plates. I speculated that it could be Spud, the long-time Forum member and contributor from Southeast Idaho. Well, guess who PM'd this a.m.? Yup, Spud was wondering if it was Marilyn and I he overtook outside of Butte. I've never met Spud yet I had an inkling it was him. I like this kind of happenstance. The Internet has shrunk our world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only possible due to a nice tailwind. And no motorists were alarmed, as the few that were on the road for this 200 mile stretch were gently overtaken...
smile.png
Fun seeing Big Sky on the road too coming back home from my quick weekend blast up to C (eh) N (eh) D (eh)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spud, I thought of you this last week. We attended a COG Rally in Colorado, and blasted across NE at those speeds (220 range) then saw some of UT near Moab (straight all day) and remembered a good ride w/ you in ID!!! Keep up the good rides, and thanks for befriending us COGgers!
punk.gif