Butt Lite 6IX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to Alex! Always a fierce competitor and hard to beat. Great job by the FJR riders.....Congrats to all and well done! Trust Derek will be back on his feet soon....

And as always, we need to remember and thank the rally masters and volunteers....without whom this sort of self imposed torture would not be possible.

Congrats to all the finishers, and especially the top ten. I am going to be writing up a report that covers my rally season and will post a link to it when it is done in a few weeks.

Congrats to all the finishers, and especially the top ten. I am going to be writing up a report that covers my rally season and will post a link to it when it is done in a few weeks.
I can't wait to read it...especially with the 7692 miles ridden. :eek:
Yeah show off. I tried to run an inefficient rally but you put me to shame. Lol

Great ride bro. :yahoo:

Great job, Josh! Third place! Top FJR! And how much of that was with a blown shock? You put a lot of people to shame, Bro.

I went by your bike later to see if y'all were working on it. I assume it was done because that monstrosity was on the tail. Wow.

Nice to meet you!

Mine was far from a good ride (As far as points anyway). I will say that I chose to go where I wanted to go during this rally, and NOT where the points were. This was only my 2nd multi-day rally, and I continue to learn a lot. Part of me is glad I rode my ride, and part of me wishes I could do it over again and go for a top ten finish. I will say that FINISHING was my #1 priority, and I skipped several bonus locations on Thursday morning since I was just too tired to push on.

Well Tim I think that's why it was a fine ride. . .

Thanks Kitty. Yeah I'm in the market for a proper shock for sure. Last 2500 miles or so I had no dampening and no lean angle available. Was a little precarious but it all worked out. Leaving San Diego now for MD. I'll post some pictures of the Winnebago (complete with 2 gallon cooler) upon return.

Does anyone know if Josh made it to California with the used shock?

Just curious.
Hey Rick!

Made it to California and now to Maryland. Shock is working great. That PR3 made it the extra 4k too, but it is shot! Thanks again or your mad mechanic skills. One of he attendees said we made it look sooooo easy, lol. Thank you