buying an 08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galxy5

galxy5
Reaction score
first I want to say hello to everyone

I have been off the forum for some time,

back in Aug of 06 I was T boned and my beautiful 05

was totaled, I went to the hospital

after 2 surgeries and long painful rehab I am ready to get back to riding :yahoo:

the dealership that I got my 05 from has offered an 08 to me for 13,300

tax,title,tags included as well as an extended warranty

how does this compare to other deals this year?

thanks

D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'll leave it to other more knowledgeable shoppers to inform you on pricing, though you can find a lot of that by searching and reading recent posts. Personally, I haven't been in the market since I bought my '03 in February '03 so I'm not up to speed. I just wanted to say glad you have rehabbed and glad you're ready to climb back in the saddle. Your penchant for another FJR speaks volumes about this fine machine and your character as well. Welcome back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard a several ppl of used a dealer that is offering 12k OTD, however that won't include tax etc if they aren't in your state. My local dealer is offering me 12.6 OTD which includes tax/tag/title.

Welcome back!

I just rolled off the lot last Saturday with my new 08'. I learned that much of what you CAN relates to your location. I did some web searches and found large fluctuations based on location and local market. I see that you are in VA so that might have some difference from purchasing in California. I got mine for $13300 (just the bike not including the tax, lic, fees and addl perks) and I HATE the whole haggling game. I'm sure it could have been better. I would bet this could also be influenced on whether you have private financing or use Yamaha financing program.

Beyond that I'm not sure what to offer up.

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.

Jeff

Compared to what I paid - that is a good deal. I got my '08 OTD for $15,200. That was bike, tax, licensing and prep. I hate to haggle - but for whatever I paid for the bike ... I still love tha muther!

Scott

first I want to say hello to everyoneI have been off the forum for some time,

after 2 surgeries and long painful rehab I am ready to get back to riding :yahoo:

thanks

D
Glad to hear you will still be on 2 wheels.

Well just to make you ALL feel better about this subject...

Our local Yamaha Dealer has one 08 FJRA on the floor with a deeply discounted rate of $19,000!!

Must be the Canadian Edition's heated grips and anti-theft imobilizer making up the diff vs US models... right! :blink:

Isn't D&H offering '08's a little under 12,000? I am sure that's not including taxes in VA... but probably all that prep & stuff.

all that prep and what not is how the salesman makes most of there money. i got an internet quote from honda east in toledo and my dealer matched it. right around 12000 OTD about 2000 off the orginal number.

Sounds like you got a reasonable deal. I got something similar from my dealer for my 2008. If you like the dealer and they have a decent repair shop, why not give them enough so they can continue to stay in business. It makes no sense to me to travel long distances to save a few bucks when a decent local shop is your lifeline to keep your bike running and fix up the pieces after a mishap. <_<

thanks

D

I just paid $11,999 out the door at D&H (Cullman AL.) I drove 560 miles based on what friends and this forum had to say about Renee and Jerold (Owners). I would do it again in a New York second.

Cheer's,

Tom

Central IL.

I just paid $11,999 out the door at D&H (Cullman AL.) I drove 560 miles based on what friends and this forum had to say about Renee and Jerold (Owners). I would do it again in a New York second.
Cheer's,

Tom

Central IL.
Gunny!

If $11.9 + your state taxes is even a break-even deal, go to D&H in Alablama. Great service, and you won't have to worry if some garage monkey screwed something up.

That sounds like a good deal, but no bike is worth more than $3,500, new.

HHMMMM!!!

thats a very interesting view!!

now,people who know me from past years here will not be supprised at what I might have to say, so,

I did not inquire about price cause I am pinching pennies, you don't ride one of these beasts because it's a cheep hobby,

I just want to compare what is going on community wide, I paid 14,500 for my 05 and never regret a moment on it, and I would never say that my bike was not worth what I paid for it, if I said that, I would be an asshat,

thanks for all the well wishes and a nice welcome back!!!!

D

thanks

D

Yes that is a good deal! I have been shopping around and most dealers are very anal and want to tack on various "padding" charges. I ended up buying from a guy on ebay cause he needed to sell his brand new 2008 FJR and I was fed up with the salesmen's attitude...consider the extended warranty a gift.

Alfred