California GenIII Charcoal Canister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you California GenIII owners had your charcoal fuel canister replaced by the dealer when they did the break switch recall? If yes, is there a pig tail drain hose on the new canister that goes through the hole in the bottom of the fairing? I had my canister replaced but there is no drain hose that I can see without opening up the fairing. If it is jammed inside the fairing I want to re-direct it through the proper hole. Tis. for your advice.  

I had mine replaced and they rerouted that little hose so it now it goes in the frame, you could see it close to the coolant reservoir. 

Have any of you California GenIII owners had your charcoal fuel canister replaced by the dealer when they did the break switch recall? If yes, is there a pig tail drain hose on the new canister that goes through the hole in the bottom of the fairing? I had my canister replaced but there is no drain hose that I can see without opening up the fairing. If it is jammed inside the fairing I want to re-direct it through the proper hole. Tis. for your advice.  
Art, help me out. Is the canister replacement part of the brake switch recall or something you wanted done?

Art, help me out. Is the canister replacement part of the brake switch recall or something you wanted done?
When I scheduled the brake switch recall with Roseville Yamaha they told me there was a service advisory on the CA model charcoal canister and they would replace it when doing the brake switch. If I recall the original canister had the drain hose propruding from the hole in the bottom of the fairing. Have you had the brake switch recall done yet?  If not check with the dealer to see if they ae going to replace the canister at no cost to you.