Can anyone tell me how to get rid of an underground bumble bees nest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friggen bees are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not surprised.

Those buggers tunnel around quite a bit, seen something on PBS several years ago that showed underground caverns. They can go quite deep and in several directions.

You can kill 'em off with pyrotechnics but your best bet is long acting poisons( though rather boring compared to fire and/or explosions) that they track down to the queen and the rest of the colony.

:jester:

OK, this sounds strange but I used moth ball flakes. If you can find the hole, throw some around the edges, even in the hole if you can, at night preferrably. The moth balls have a very strong odor that they hate. Plus, you don't have to blow up your workshop or burn it down. It's not as fast acting but it does work. We have yellow jackets around here (Oregon) and we've tried everything, but this works. If you can get some down the hole, the odor will go thru all the tunnels unlike fire which works in one area only.

The picture of the African bee hives under the eves of that house sends chills down my spine!! We had bald face bees build a nest under the eves of our house, two story section. My husband sprayed it at night with the spray foam, then ran for his life! Those things came flying out of that hive like you wouldn't believe!! I had a window right beside the hive and since the light was on they went for the window and the light! The window was covered in bees and I was standing on the other side! Scared the heck out of me! Didn't kill all of them but the took off! I'm not afraid of many things but stinging insects freak me out!!!

A buddy of mine had yellow jackets build a huge nest in his pole barn. He came up with a very inovative way to exterminate them. He took all the extensions for his shop vac, put them together, turned on the shop vac and positioned the end of the tube just beside the entrance to the hive. As the workers came and went they were sucked into the shop vac. Took several hours but slowly each and every member of the hive was sucked down the tube to the shop vac. The can of the shop vac was making some serious buzzing sounds. Then he just emptied several cans of insectiside into the shop vac tube and the buzzing stopped.... End of bees.