Can I ask a dumb Question???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramrezz425

Reaction score
I have been searching for a unique exhaust note on a slip on aftermkt exhaust. I have heard several makes of bikes go past me that have an almost V8ish tone when down shifting including Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki ect.. The exhausts I hear on youtube FJR exhaust clips are too noisy or sound like a 2 stroke doing 12,000 rpm.

I like being heard going down the Ventura fwy without shattering windows ect. This tone I hear always sneaks up on me and I cant catch the mfg. name on the exhaust in time. Any help here would be appreciated. THX DR

I've never heard a IL four sound like a V-8. My Duc had some nice CF cans that made it sound like a V-8 race car, sounded trick on deceleration too.

I have 2-Bros Racing CF cans on my Gen1, they sound great, nice and low throaty roar, but not too loud. IMO some of the Muzzy cans are pretty loud, I don't need trouble form the leos.

Good luck in your quest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard a IL four sound like a V-8. My Duc had some nice CF cans that made it sound like a V-8 race car, sounded trick on deceleration too.
I have 2-Bros Racing CF cans on my Gen1, they sound great, nice and low throaty roar, but not too loud. IMO some of the Muzzy cans are pretty loud, I don't need trouble form the leos.

Good luck in your quest.
Its only on decell when it has that tone during accell it pretty much sounds normal. the overall note was lower but not LOUD just different. Thanks dr

I really like the sound of the Remus Hexacones, but can't see spending the cash for a better "Sound."

Does NOT sound like a V8 however...

Pull your mufflers right off. Get yourself a couple [SIZE=12pt]Vuvuzelas [/SIZE]and stick them in the ends of the headers. Then you'll have what you said you want: a UNIQUE exhaust note.

vuvuzela.jpg

Enjoy yourself. ;)

I don't think Yosh makes anything for the FJR.

I really like my Muzzy full system. Probably a bit loud but I had a lot of positive responses when I was out on a group ride with other FJRs. I think it has a lot better sound than just the Muzzy cans. Doesn't sound like most IL4 loud exhausts.

Brian

Pull your mufflers right off. Get yourself a couple [SIZE=12pt]Vuvuzelas [/SIZE]and stick them in the ends of the headers. Then you'll have what you said you want: a UNIQUE exhaust note.
vuvuzela.jpg

Enjoy yourself. ;)
I think you need those Mike so no one will run you over. :p

I can't say enough good things about the Remus hexacones. I'm one that (almost) NEVER spends money on things cosmetic. But the Remus hex IMHO are the only exhaust that (to me) looks like it was made for an FJR and sounds like an FJR should. It's the "big balls" sound of the Remus without being obnoxious that is just a bonus to me.

You might be thinking of the Holeshot full system. Mine had it on when I bought it and it definately sounds different from an inline four, more like a v-4. I think it's because there's no connection between cylinders 1,2 and 3,4. It's basically 2 separate systems. I like the sound myself. Go to Holeshots website, they have a few sound clips.

Here's some sound samples of the Holeshot header + Remus Hexacone slip-ons:

startup/idle/rev:

I have been searching for a unique exhaust note on a slip on aftermkt exhaust. I have heard several makes of bikes go past me that have an almost V8ish tone when down shifting including Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki ect.. The exhausts I hear on youtube FJR exhaust clips are too noisy or sound like a 2 stroke doing 12,000 rpm. I like being heard going down the Ventura fwy without shattering windows ect. This tone I hear always sneaks up on me and I cant catch the mfg. name on the exhaust in time. Any help here would be appreciated. THX DR
Is this the "

" you are thinking of?
You'll need to get a V Four engine to attain that.

I have been searching for a unique exhaust note on a slip on aftermkt exhaust. I have heard several makes of bikes go past me that have an almost V8ish tone when down shifting including Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki ect.. The exhausts I hear on youtube FJR exhaust clips are too noisy or sound like a 2 stroke doing 12,000 rpm. I like being heard going down the Ventura fwy without shattering windows ect. This tone I hear always sneaks up on me and I cant catch the mfg. name on the exhaust in time. Any help here would be appreciated. THX DR
I too wanted a throatier, bassier exhaust note... Thanks to a deranged F'n Cop that smashed into the left quadrant of my new Feejer... I justified replacing the stock units with Hindle Slip-Ons. OEM Replacement pipe = $776!!!! One Side!!!

I think you'll like the note, and I'll be happy to try and share it with you if interested...

Scott

vuvuzela.jpg

Enjoy yourself. ;)
I think you need those Mike so no one will run you over. :p
Had the mufflers off per your suggestion... Sounded great right up 'til the frigging cops pulled into the driveway...

Big Grin - Loved it while it lasted...

Scott

Latest posts