Can't Find Torque Specifications

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
I paged individually through the entire service manual, and the supplemental, TWICE and I can't find the torque specification for these bolts.

If anyone can point me to where they are located in the service manual, I'd appreciate it. I don't know how I missed it...

Think I found the two for the sub frame to main frame.

Rear frame and upper main 20ft/lbs

Rear frame and Lower main 35ft/lbs

Still can't find the yellow ones....

MW302045b.jpg

The yellow ones are the the two bolts that go into the top of the subframe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paged individually through the entire service manual, and the supplemental, TWICE and I can't find the torque specification for these bolts.
Hope you skipped chapter 8 in all that! :lol: Try page 4-16, 5.8 ft/lbs. How is the rebuild going?

EDIT: My mistake, that's for the gen II. I found it under general chassis/removing the air filter case if that helps.

Hope you skipped chapter 8 in all that! :lol: Try page 4-16, 5.8 ft/lbs. How is the rebuild going?

EDIT: My mistake, that's for the gen II. I found it under general chassis/removing the air filter case if that helps.
Rebuild going well, will be done tuesday, just waiting for headlight assy and front subframe.

Looked under checking air filter, nothing in the GENI service manual there. 5.8ft/lbs. sounds really low. I hope that isn't right for my sake, I already tightened them up and I know I torqued it more than 5.8 ft/lbs.

Anyone with a GENI happen to know if they are the same on the GENII?

In Chapter 3 under Periodic Checks And Maintenance / Air Filter Case, page 3-8:

8 Nm or 5.8 ft-lbs.

The sub-frame torques you show are the same as I found.

I didn't use a torque wrench on these - it was pretty clear that the fasteners would take a lot more than that and I don't own a wrench that will accurately get 6 fr/lbs. My armstrong torque wrench would guess that mine are more like 15 - 20 ft/lbs, you're good to go! ;)

Hey crash masta

Well done with your rebuild progress! :clapping:

Stef

PS: that rear sub-frame looks vaguely familiar :rolleyes:

Still can't find the yellow ones....
I wouldn't worry torquing those bolts with a torque wrench either, especially if that 6 ft/lb figure is correct. In fact, I'd torque all those bolts by hand myself, just like drain plugs, gas tank bolts, etc. I only use a torque wrench on critical ones. Looking good buddy.

JC

In Chapter 3 under Periodic Checks And Maintenance / Air Filter Case, page 3-8:
8 Nm or 5.8 ft-lbs.

The sub-frame torques you show are the same as I found.
Well shizzz. There it was, right there. Don't know how I missed that.

P.S. That picture is actually Ignacio's bike. I've got an 04, but didn't feel like taking pictures. Other than the blue, mine looks exactly the same...