Car and bike insurance in Ca. question?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
I have just received renewal rates for my FJR and Strom, one co. and another co. carries my cars and just received an increase even though no claim was paid out. I inquired about a claim but decided it wasn't worth making the claim official. Decided to pay out of pocket as my deductible is $1000. Well they raised my rates anyway and awarded one point in their files. this sucks.

So the question is for Ca. people, or anyone in the know, which companies have the best rates and coverage for multiple policies? That being for cars, motorcycles and home. Somebody has got to know. Thanks in advance

Mike in Fremont, Ca.

I have just received renewal rates for my FJR and Strom, one co. and another co. carries my cars and just received an increase even though no claim was paid out. I inquired about a claim but decided it wasn't worth making the claim official. Decided to pay out of pocket as my deductible is $1000. Well they raised my rates anyway and awarded one point in their files. this sucks.So the question is for Ca. people, or anyone in the know, which companies have the best rates and coverage for multiple policies? That being for cars, motorcycles and home. Somebody has got to know. Thanks in advance

Mike in Fremont, Ca.

Farmers for home and car. Awesome rates.

AAA or Progressive for the bikes.

I have Progressive for the bikes and I'm at just under $500 for the year. Now, that was pre-crash, which has been recorded as my fault, so I'm expecting a rate increase. (Note to crashers: There is always sand or oil or water or boogers or a little boy chasing his puppy on the roadway that caused your wreck. <_< ).

Allstate has the house, cars etc. and we're at around $900/year for the cars.