CBX Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Carver!!

Great day out on the scooter for sure. Did you have lunch at The Bayside Cafe beings you were right there?.

Their fish tacos are life-altering, just sayin’.......

Brian the biknflyfisher 

Nice ride! (Both: bike and the path!). The pictures remind me of the rides my roommate and I took during the late 80's. He on his CBX (red, "naked" version), and I on my Seca 550. I always loved the sound of that inline 6, especially after he installed a 6 into 1 exhaust. One just couldn't resist opening the throttle just a bit to hear that sound. I know I couldn't -  and the resulting music (to my ears) got a police officer's attention too, driving the opposite way. I promptly received my first two-wheeled citation for playing that instrument 20mph above the speed limit, and while I patiently waited for the paperwork to be filled out, the officer was admiring the machine, making comments about it. He loved the way the bike and that engine looked, - a cylinder wider on each side than the tank on top. He also asked me what was it like to ride it. He was not sarcastic at all. I could tell that he really liked bikes, and if he could, he would not have missed a chance to take it for a spin.

Nice Carver!!

Great day out on the scooter for sure. Did you have lunch at The Bayside Cafe beings you were right there?.

Their fish tacos are life-altering, just sayin’.......

Brian the biknflyfisher 
Not today, they were booked solid... Over an hour wait, and the manager stated they can't find help, right when post covid demand is peaking.

Nice ride! (Both: bike and the path!). The pictures remind me of the rides my roommate and I took during the late 80's. He on his CBX (red, "naked" version), and I on my Seca 550. I always loved the sound of that inline 6, especially after he installed a 6 into 1 exhaust. One just couldn't resist opening the throttle just a bit to hear that sound. I know I couldn't -  and the resulting music (to my ears) got a police officer's attention too, driving the opposite way. I promptly received my first two-wheeled citation for playing that instrument 20mph above the speed limit, and while I patiently waited for the paperwork to be filled out, the officer was admiring the machine, making comments about it. He loved the way the bike and that engine looked, - a cylinder wider on each side than the tank on top. He also asked me what was it like to ride it. He was not sarcastic at all. I could tell that he really liked bikes, and if he could, he would not have missed a chance to take it for a spin.
Thanks RJ! Yes, I'd like a 6-1 too.. .but this CBX is painfully OEM stock and shall remain that way for future retail value.. 

Not today, they were booked solid... Over an hour wait, and the manager stated they can't find help, right when post covid demand is peaking.

Thanks RJ! Yes, I'd like a 6-1 too.. .but this CBX is painfully OEM stock and shall remain that way for future retail value.. 
Hey, dcarver! It is an awesome ride either way. I can see why you want to keep it OEM stock, it makes perfect sense. Those bikes are very rare now, especially with stock setup. After many years of not spotting one, I saw one at the  Stunt Road/Saddle Peak Rd parking lot (in Malibu) a couple of weeks ago. That bike stood out even now and gathered a crowd around it, after 30 years.

I should have kept that CBX here and told him I lost it. After being up close and personal with it you would be lucky to find anything that isn't correct.

I should have kept that CBX here and told him I lost it. After being up close and personal with it you would be lucky to find anything that isn't correct.
LOL Ray, I'll let you keep a certain 79 kz1300..... it seems to really, really like you! 🥳