CCT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
07 here , replaced the original no dot at 55,000 with a blue dot. At 120,000 plus our friend George was over helping me with setting the 02 settings and TBS for the Ivan flash and he heard the tell tale rattle so now have the green dot.
If your old like me with hearing issues get someone to take a listen. JSNS

Last edited:
I did it on my '03 many years ago, and it was not a fun, or a quick job. The hardest thing about the replacement is that it is difficult to get to the mounting bolts, so removing the unit and installing the new one takes a lot of patience. There is very little space to turn the wrench handle, and even getting the wrench onto the bolts can be challenging. Here is one video that shows the process, but not too informative.

I'm with ya RiderJoe. Watching this video brought back memories of changing out the CCT on my '03 also. Not as easy as this video makes it look. PIT*A!.

2008 and my original CCT was not marked. Now new and improved, sporting a green dot! My original was definitely very weak compared to the replacement.