CFO 2010 Dates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickcorwn

Reaction score
Looking to see what everybody thinks about dates for CFO. We've got two good possibilities first in early June say 4-6, that's the weekend after Memorial Day. Or, a September date one that will be 2 or 3 weeks away from NAFO. I really like the September time frame but I want to know if that would be too close to NAFO for the masses. Vote and tell me why.

June, be nice to have a early meet after a long cold winter and having a fresh set of tires can't hurt. That being said, if it's Southwest Wisconsin again dates don't really matter, it's only a day ride for me.

Early June would seem to work well with the Canadian meeting. A lot would depend on where these two gatherings are held, especially the NAFO.

Bruce

June could be good, if people want to head to the Ameicade after, Americade in Lake George will be from June 7 to 12 th.

I vote for June. Like Airboss said, more people are eager to get out riding early in the season. Did you see how many turned out to Gramp's local ride last May....Quite a few. You have the potential conflicts such as weddings, and graduations that time of year though.

I'd vote for whatever month EOM/NAFO is not in.

June...Unless EOM/NAFO moves to June this year...then back to September.

How 'bout Mon/Tues of the week before CFR? Then I could hit it on the way through! :p

Seriously though, with CFR in June and the 3Flags Rally in Sept, neither work into my schedule plans for next year. Still disappointed I couldn't make it to LaCrosse last month. ('specially since had I been able to go, I would NOT have broken my finger and I'd still be riding today. :-( )

I vote for June. Like Airboss said, more people are eager to get out riding early in the season. Did you see how many turned out to Gramp's local ride last May....Quite a few. You have the potential conflicts such as weddings, and graduations that time of year though.
Mike brings up a good point...we did have a lot of people show up for that spring ride.

I have few conflicts on either dates so I'm good for which ever.

How 'bout Mon/Tues of the week before CFR? Then I could hit it on the way through! :p
Seriously though, with CFR in June and the 3Flags Rally in Sept, neither work into my schedule plans for next year. Still disappointed I couldn't make it to LaCrosse last month. ('specially since had I been able to go, I would NOT have broken my finger and I'd still be riding today. :-( )
Don't think I didn't consider that. It would be great to have a bunch of Canuks stop by on their way east. Then I could just follow you guys out there :p

June would be nice, but that particular weekend (4-7) is the AMA Suzuki Superbike doubleheader at Road America.

June would be nice, but that particular weekend (4-7) is the AMA Suzuki Superbike doubleheader at Road America.
Your assuming that AMA/DMG will have any racers left to put on a race :eek: But that's a whole nuther thread.

That 3-6 date isn't set in stone or even jell-o for that matter. Moving it back would be Memorial Day weekend that's no good moving it up would be the weekend before CFR which could work.

How many people here went to the Road America Superbike races last year??

Early June... These September dates for everything are impossible for me..

15 years in the same place and I can't ever get any time after August first :angry:

:jester:

Food for thought, my cousin has had a standing first week of June vacation for the last 10 years. He's had rain almost 2/3 of the time according to him. Then there's the sand and such from the winter still not completely washed off the roads. IMHO. I vote for september.

Just giving this a little bump. Looks like June will be the new CFO time frame, or will it? :blink:

I'll keep the voting open for another week or so then set the date.

... moving it up would be the weekend before CFR which could work.
Hmmm... If you went with June 17th to 19th...

Wednesday June 16th Calgary to Minot, ND 1106km

Thursday June 17th Minot to La Crosse, WI 1114km

Friday - Saturday (June 18- 19) CFO

Sunday June 20th La Crosse to Sault Ste Marie 792km

Monday June 21st Sault Ste Marie to Mont Tremblant 966km

Monday - Thursday (June 21 - 24) CFR

Thursday - Sunday (June 24 - 27) Mont Tremblant to Calgary 3475km

Doable with 8 vacation days. :yahoo:

Damn, should have bought that Rich's seat. :dribble:

Status
Not open for further replies.