CFO 2015 Registration Now Open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only eleven FJRs so far. Is this going to be an all-time low.? Where's OFace? Where's Gramps? Where's Tripper Mike?
TripperMike has pretty much blown through his annual allotment of kitchen passes 2 months earlier than normal.

Just got back from Montana and ended up trailering Old Yellow the last 170 miles to home. I might not even have a ride come Sept. lol

Only eleven FJRs so far. Is this going to be an all-time low.? Where's OFace? Where's Gramps? Where's Tripper Mike?
TripperMike has pretty much blown through his annual allotment of kitchen passes 2 months earlier than normal.

Just got back from Montana and ended up trailering Old Yellow the last 170 miles to home. I might not even have a ride come Sept. lol
Attendee list updated. Trip, too bad about Old Yellow! You know where an FJR lies awaiting you...

And just so everyone knows...the rooms at the Days Inn are gone...Motel 6 has a few rooms left and is fairly close by. I for one, shall be staying at the 6!
I warned you all about the Elvis convention. It's a real thing...

I got one you can borrow...wouldn't be the first time the Wing has been to CFO
punk.gif

TripperMike has pretty much blown through his annual allotment of kitchen passes 2 months earlier than normal. Just got back from Montana and ended up trailering Old Yellow the last 170 miles to home. I might not even have a ride come Sept. lol
Sorry to hear that. I have a friend who has a 07 Black Cherry with low miles for sale if you are thinking of buying a replacement ride.

My friend AKA " THE DUDE" and wife Jen are "IN"

Intech, the Dude says it will not be the same with out Bob there! and a small little tear rolled down his cheek.

Because I am a procrastinator and did not know my school schedule for sure until last weekend, I was not totally sure I could make it until then.

So I am looking for a room share. I prob will be coming in on Friday midday. It is 450 miles there and I can't leave after school until 3pm. Rolling in after 10 would be silly given the amount of forest rats in the area at that time. I will stay at my brothers house on Thursday night which is by Rockford Illinois and head to CFO on Friday morning.

So does anyone have a room that they are looking to split?

Because I am a procrastinator and did not know my school schedule for sure until last weekend, I was not totally sure I could make it until then.
So I am looking for a room share. I prob will be coming in on Friday midday. It is 450 miles there and I can't leave after school until 3pm. Rolling in after 10 would be silly given the amount of forest rats in the area at that time. I will stay at my brothers house on Thursday night which is by Rockford Illinois and head to CFO on Friday morning.

I have a non FJR riding coworker that is supposed to be coming with me to La Crosse, but he is stalling on committing himself. I will try to nail him down on a for sure yes or no and will let you know as soon as I know if my second bed is open or not.

Got you on the attendee list, graytaz!

And as a reminder, if you haven't checked the swag thread, the list is growing. Take a moment to thank these sponsors, like their FB pages, tweet at 'em, or put pen to paper and jot them a note. As in years past, at the Saturday night banquet, we will raffle off first draw of all this swag to raise funds for Eddie's Road. Plan (and budget!) accordingly!

I have a non FJR riding coworker that is supposed to be coming with me to La Crosse, but he is stalling on committing himself. I will try to nail him down on a for sure yes or no and will let you know as soon as I know if my second bed is open or not.
Abercrombie's buddies are going to make it for the ride, so I am still looking for lodging in the form of a room share if anyone has a bed, floor, or had a room that they reserved but no longer are going to use, please let me know. I really would like to head up the the event. Thanks

Craig, I have received word that two fellow Fargo Firefighters will be coming with me to La Crosse. They ride cruisers so I will enjoy their company, but the road speeds will be have to be tamed down a bit.
upset.gif

Mike Seaberg is in, riding a Harley.

Willie Nelson is in, riding an old customized Yamaha cruiser of some type. No he's not the long haired, pot smoking, music star Willie Nelson but just about as cool.

I will get money sent PayPal as soon as I can get around to it.

Fantastic! CFO welcomes all riders with open arms. My buddy Matt will be on a VFR, but I figure a strategically placed bit of tape covering the "V" and adding a "J" might fool some folks.

But they all better have thick skins...JSNS!

I called to check on my room reservation today and they didn't have me down for a room. WTF Luckily they had two rooms open and was able to reserve two today despite warnings that they were full.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have a spot to sleep due to some arrangements. Just going to wait on confirmation and then payment will be forthcoming. Excited to head this way. Just need to make sure no old guys jump out from behind vans!!!!

There is nothing scary about a guy and a van unless he is hanging out by your kid's school yard or your daughter is in there.

I called to check on my room reservation today and they didn't have me down for a room. WTF Luckily they had two rooms open and was able to reserve two today despite warnings that they were full.
A big heads up to anybody looking for a room at the Days Inn for the three nights of CFO. I had three rooms booked because they misspelled my name. I just canceled one and there is an opening for CFO. Room with two queen beds. Call quick 608-783-1000

van_zps2aivzrei.png
There is nothing scary about a guy and a van unless he is hanging out by your kid's school yard or your daughter is in there.
I agree with those "creepy" behaviors being concerning. But remind me to tell the story about the guy who popped out from a van and caused me to embarrass myself beyond belief. I still want to throw up everytime I think about what I did to OFace trying to avoid running over a senior citizen. I don't think I have ever wanted to crawl into a hole more than that day. It ruined a perfect weekend of great riding with some new friends.

Anyway, sending in my money in the morning. Going to work on prepping the bike this weekend.

van_zps2aivzrei.png
I agree with those "creepy" behaviors being concerning. But remind me to tell the story about the guy who popped out from a van and caused me to embarrass myself beyond belief. I still want to throw up everytime I think about what I did to OFace trying to avoid running over a senior citizen. I don't think I have ever wanted to crawl into a hole more than that day. It ruined a perfect weekend of great riding with some new friends.
Anyway, sending in my money in the morning. Going to work on prepping the bike this weekend.
I was recently trying to find that story about you guys tangling it up a little, but I was unable to find it.