CFO 2017 Dates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If riding the best roads were a goal south of 44 is where its at. I have a place in Davisville, MO. Jeff City to Eminence is 220 miles, that doesn't leave much time to head over to Bixby and catch some great roads or down to Thayer and over to Doniphan and over to Piedmont, those trips become over nighters. Travelling to Herman from Jeff City the south side of the river is the best, some good play roads from 100 down to 50, some over towards lake of the Ozarks. Where can I find the proposed routes.

Cheez, I'd welcome more routes and points of interest! Neonguy95 came up with these. If you can provide .gpx files, I'll be happy to add them to the list.

Some good looking routes there. May borrow a couple on the way to/from Moonshine in April.

Roads get much better the further southeast you go, anywhere around Salem, Mo.
Possibly in for my first FJR rally.
That's what I found on my scouting trip. Sounds like you might have some experience in the area? If so, do you have any ride routes you could offer?

And your first time only hurts for a little bit...
I can help with all sorts of routes.

What kind of mile limit per day are you thinking?

I am serious about the Salem, Mo if it is not too late to move your HQ it would be a good HQ. There is a good hotel I can recommend in Salem, Mo that will host.

Rusty
There is nothing in Salem anymore we had to stay in Rolla for our 1st leg of our summer trip to the Ozarks.
Ranch Motel on the west side of town. Was there in September for three days. There is not a ton of food choices in town, but the Ranch Motel is nice and cheap.
We saw really bad reviews on the Ranch, was it clean?

Registered and room booked @ FO/MOFO hotel is the Best Western Plus Capital Inn in Jefferson City.

Thanks for putting this together Craig. First 6 pack is on me.

We have a saying here in this area: "All roads lead to Bixby". There is a reason for that. The roads are great. Highway P, DD, 32, and many more.If you want to ride fast, really fast, KK is a must ride. The Bixby Country Store, is always busy on the weekends with lots of sport bike riders and the cruiser crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was riding in the Jeff City area over July 4th last year (they actually put on a great party and FW display). I should be in - I'll call the Best Western above to get a room. Thanks Craig - look forward to the rides and meeting some of you guys.

Just a bump as you plan the riding season. See post #1 for details. Please register if you plan to attend, and get that room booked!

Registered! I've never rode this area before, so I can't wait to see what it has to offer.
Only advice I can offer is to start with a set of new or low mileage tires, and have the replacement set waiting for you when you get home.

Just a sneak peek at a little MOFO commemorative swag each attendee will receive. You'll have to get to Jeff City to get one, and see the REALLY cool rest of it. And to see that it isn't actually blurry.

MOFO%20LOGO%20Crop_zpsgitkprrp.jpg

I don't mean to be ungrateful for your organization, Craig, (thank you!) but I must admit that I'm curious as to why Jefferson City was selected? I worked for a while about half way between there and KC at my last job and it didn't really strike me as a destination I wanted to go back to on the motorcycle. That aside, I'll have to see what I can do about trying to make the event. With two little kids now it would probably just be me this year if it works out.

La Crosse has been a good venue, near the Twin Cities and Chicago with great riding but we'd been there for several years and it seemed like time for a refresh. I have to admit I wasn't familiar with riding in the JC area so did some scouting last fall and found decent roads south and east of Jeff City. JC is the nearest city I could find with decent hotel and food options. Plus Route 66 runs nearby for those so inclined. It's a change of pace, a bit of fresh air that I hope might attract some folks who haven't been to an FJR rally or haven't been in a while. And we won't have to compete for hotel rooms with the Elvis impersonators. ;) Come on down if you can and let me know what you think.

La Crosse has been a good venue, near the Twin Cities and Chicago with great riding but we'd been there for several years and it seemed like time for a refresh. I have to admit I wasn't familiar with riding in the JC area so did some scouting last fall and found decent roads south and east of Jeff City. JC is the nearest city I could find with decent hotel and food options. Plus Route 66 runs nearby for those so inclined. It's a change of pace, a bit of fresh air that I hope might attract some folks who haven't been to an FJR rally or haven't been in a while. And we won't have to compete for hotel rooms with the Elvis impersonators.
wink.png
Come on down if you can and let me know what you think.
Fair enough!