CFO 2017 Dates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigRegs

Reaction score
For 2017, the Central FJR Owners rally gets a refresh as it moves to a new region: Jefferson City, MO. And although the CFO acronym still applies, I'm tagging on a new co-acronym fitting our new host state: Midwest and Other FJR Owners or MOFO. And as the name says, those from all regions and riding all makes welcome!

Dates are September 1-3, 2017. Plans are to ride Friday and Saturday, with parking lot BS sessions in the evenings. It’s Labor Day weekend, allowing an extra day to tour on the way home.

Home base is the Best Western Plus Capital Inn and they are ready for your reservation. Call the hotel directly at 573-635-4175 before July 31, 2017 and ask for the MOFO FJR RIDERS block for the date(s) needed. Rate is $95.99 plus applicable taxes for a double queen room.

Jeff City is right along the Missouri River, 30 miles from Lake of the Ozarks to the southwest and historic Route 66 about 40 miles to the southeast. My riding experience in the area is limited, but I’ve found great alphabet roads to the southeast. Roads I’ve ridden in that area are curvy, but not highly technical. They can be surprising at times, as in a tight turn just over the crest of a hill, or decreasing radius turns. The Mark Twain National Forest provides lots of scenic riding. I’m hoping locals or those familiar with the area can offer up some routes before the rally.

UPDATE 1/18/17---------

The venue for Saturday night's dinner has been selected: Das Stein Haus. It has to be a good fit...the owner's name is Helmut! Bottom line is that unlike years past, there will be NO REGISTRATION FEE for CFO/MOFO! I don't have to pay a hotel for dinner, so you don't have to pay me.

Plus, the CFO/MOFO web site is now live, where you can register, and download .gpx files courtesy of Neonguy95.

UPDATE 7/12/17 List of attendees:

petey

Bigfoot

Poolboytoo

CraigRegs

Silverback

Data

JustinNck1

Gramps

thompsonian

Cboozell

Sarg

J-Luv

0face

Doug36854

Airboss

Neonguy95

Last edited by a moderator:
A Friday though Monday? You are giving it a refresh.
smile.png

We have already picked our vacation and there is no likely way I can get the 3rd or 5th off but I will keep trying.
sadsmiley.gif

I've been called a MOFO more than once, 940 miles - two easy days too and from, Could be done. Following.

Nice touch on the planning Craig !

I will try to make this also. Seems that I will be able to enjoy some new (to me) roads and tie in some visits to old friends.

I love Wisconsin, but I think a change might work on this one.

Thanks Craig

Just gave me an excuse to visit my daughter again in the fall.

She doesn't live anywhere near Jeff City but it's on the way to her house, Kinda Sorta.

Roads get much better the further southeast you go, anywhere around Salem, Mo.
Possibly in for my first FJR rally.
That's what I found on my scouting trip. Sounds like you might have some experience in the area? If so, do you have any ride routes you could offer?

And your first time only hurts for a little bit...

That's what I found on my scouting trip. Sounds like you might have some experience in the area? If so, do you have any ride routes you could offer?

I can help with all sorts of routes.

What kind of mile limit per day are you thinking?

I am serious about the Salem, Mo if it is not too late to move your HQ it would be a good HQ. There is a good hotel I can recommend in Salem, Mo that will host.

Rusty

Routes would be great! Anywhere from 150-400/day. If there are several shorter routes, maybe they can be mixed and matched to assemble longer rides. Frankly, you offer them up, and attendees (shall we just call ourselves MOFOs?) will choose what they like. GPX files are ideal, e-maps of some sort (Google, Mapquest, etc.) also work.

Crowd-sourcing like this is what makes these rallies great!

Just my 2 cents on route planning:

It would be good to keep in mind that it is the last big summer weekend, and if you want to go south from Jeff City you will probably have to go thru Lake of the Ozarks, which always has a lot of traffic during these times. They put in a good bypass 4 lane thru Eldon/Osage Beach and over the dam a few years ago, but there's still a bunch of traffic to contend with on US54 and other roads thru and around the Lake. No issues on the back roads, but that's the only way thru the Lake unless you want to take the long way around.

As far as going east you can do either side of the Missouri River to Hermann or Washington, which are OK, but the better stuff is southeast of Jeff. Just don't expect to see much of the river.

Roads between Jeff City and Rolla (I44/ Old US66), which is about and hour south are OK, but the good stuff lies south of I44.

FWIW.

I am serious about the Salem, Mo if it is not too late to move your HQ it would be a good HQ. There is a good hotel I can recommend in Salem, Mo that will host.

Rusty
There is nothing in Salem anymore we had to stay in Rolla for our 1st leg of our summer trip to the Ozarks.

Rusty
There is nothing in Salem anymore we had to stay in Rolla for our 1st leg of our summer trip to the Ozarks.
Ranch Motel on the west side of town. Was there in September for three days. There is not a ton of food choices in town, but the Ranch Motel is nice and cheap.

Rusty
Ranch Motel on the west side of town. Was there in September for three days. There is not a ton of food choices in town, but the Ranch Motel is nice and cheap.
Just for the record and to avoid confusion: this year's CFO/MOFO hotel is the Best Western Plus Capital Inn in Jefferson City. See the first post in this thread for details.