CFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opt8low

Reaction score
Everyone,

Let me clarify one thing.

NO ONE AT THE LAST CFO HAD ANY IDEA THAT THERE WAS EVEN A SFO OR A RIDE HAPPENING IN ARKANSAS AFTER THE CFO.

We at CFO were sitting around and talking about how we needed to move the CFO south to get more of the riders for the south-central section of the country. That is were all the Arkansas talk started. It was never meant to be a North-Central only meeting, or a MN/WI only meeting. The reason it was in WI the first and second years was because someone (valetz first year and grnarrowe the second year) had the time and was willing to set it all up. They both did a great job. I am sure they never meant it to be a WI only meet.

Now because FJR1300 had a good bone in his body and was willing to help setup next years CFO, he should not be put over a fire. Why couldn't the people that were setting up the SFO post something in the CFO section and mention they would be interested in setting up the CFO for next year and they then could have setup the time and place. No one that I know has ever claimed ownership of the name CFO.

A simple post in the CFO section would have allowed this in-fighting not to happen!

Do we really need a meeting for every state in the union?????? Come on folks........

If you look to your right you will see I have been here since this board was started. I say that because the same stuff is happening here that happened on the other board. That is WHY this board was created........

Sorry for the rant, but I had to let everyone know that this was all discussed at the CFO in Sept...........

Delete if you will, but let people put this all in perspective first.

Dana

Well said Dana. One of the unfortunate things about the internet is it lets you shoot from the lip before you think, and you can't take it back before you've had time to think. :(

I was at the CFO, and as I recall there was an interst in riding Arkansas for the reasons you stated, and no one was aware there was a SFO being formed. Everybody just wanted a chance to ride someplace different. There was some discussion of when the ride should be made in Ark., because some liked the Wisconsin area, so a north and south ride in the spring and fall was brought up. The participants in the "other" discussion weren't present, so they had no idea of plans being tossed on the table. :unsure:

It's unfortunate the end results occured, because I think there were only good intentions at the beginning. "What we have here is a lack of communication"? Hope it works out that rides/plans/groups work to together and help each other to make a nice time for all. If not, I may just start riding Harleys. :glare:

And yes, Dana looks just like the avitar. :lol:

B)

And yes, Dana looks just like the avitar. :lol:

B)
In that case, I shall attend any FO that Dana is at. ;)

Hey now zzzip, stop spreading false info on this forum.... :D

I happen to have three things between my legs and two look like each other. I would travel to any FO to meet the girl in that avatar also..... :yahoo:

Just trying to drum up a little business for the next CFO...WHERE EVER and WHEN EVER... it may be, and make you a living legend in the process. :rolleyes:

B)

I happen to have three things between my legs and two look like each other.

I just threw up a little in my mouth. :sicksmiley02:

Ok everyone, move on. Nothing to see here. Go about your business.

(Can you get her to CFO? Cause I'll be there and I don't even own an FJR) :D

The reason CFO 06 was in WI again this year was because I am familiar with the area. It was never my intention to have a North only ride. This was open to all who could make it. I know that for some it would have been a long trip for a 3 day weekend. So when we were discussing CFO 07 I had 2 ideas to kick around.

The first thought I had was to take CFO on the road. Since BlueBear and I had come back from vacation in the Smokies, The Dragon, Foothills Pkwy, Cherohala and the entire length of the Blue Ridge Pkwy, I figured why not take everyone on this ride. It was a great time and the Blue Ridge from Ashville to the NC/VA state line is one of the best roads I've EVER ridden :dribble: . The problem with this would be time, not everyone can get the same week off and it may be too expensive for some. And yes it would take at least 7 days to do all of this.

My second thought was to have it in SE MO, maybe south of Springfield near Branson. I had suggested Sparta MO just to keep the Sparta theme but there is nothing, hotel wise, there. BlueBear and I were in this area back in 03 and there were some great roads around Table Rock Lake. We also used to vacation in Eagle Rock when we were kids. Staying in this area would also have taken us into NE Arkansas. We also rode through the Mark Twain National Forest, some great roads in that area also. And as said earlier we would get more people to attend.

As Dana said, we had no idea that SFO was being formed or planned. Had this been known I would have suggested another area.

So with that being said where do ya'll want to have CFO 07? It should be centrally located so we could get the max number of people to attend.

Grnarrowe

I don't get it. I was made to believe the Southern states are Louisiana, Mississipi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. Aka the confederate states. As to why Texas and Florida (or the later joining AR, VA, TE, NC) are typically not included when talking about 'The South', even though they were confederate, is beyond me.

Central would likely mean Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri, as the mountain states to the west are typically considered 'West', while the neighbors to the east are considered 'Mid-West' (wtf? ;) ).

Being centraly positioned between South and Central, it makes for a logical choice for both groups. Especially for Central it probably gives better riding, without being too far away from the targeted participants.

Personally I wouldn't give a rats ass about where others are organizing what and when or how they feel about it. That is their business, and what I do is mine.

But then again, I have easy talking. I can't attend any event, even though I would love to.

That said, maybe something for both organizers to remember. In Holland there would be no fuss about multiple groups doing multiple events at multiple dates in the same country. And Holland is about 1/3 the size of Arkansas. I'd say you guys have more than enough space not to annoy each other and a hissy fit about it.

Now that these forums are reopened it's probably a good time to remind everybody to remember the Forum Guidelines and some additional Regional Meet Guidelines.

I hope everybody works together to make CFO be successful for whomever participates. Folks that don't I hope will support whatever regional meeting they might be interested in.

Now that these forums are reopened it's probably a good time to remind everybody to remember the Forum Guidelines and some additional Regional Meet Guidelines.
I hope everybody works together to make CFO be successful for whomever participates. Folks that don't I hope will support whatever regional meeting they might be interested in.
Iggy,

Thanks for your info and the new common sense meeting guidelines...

Can I ask this question of you though...

If we play nice and are considerate and don't use the region in Arkansas as the SFO(say Mountain View or Jasper) or are up in Southern Missouri, will we be frowned upon by attempting an Arkansas or Missouri CFO meet?

We were all tired of a large meet up in Wisconsin and wanted to rotate down to the Ozarks. I am not going to be an organizer of CFO this year, but wanted to make sure this was clear to any possible organizer that wants to step up and do the work.

Thanks in advance for your response...

edit - sorry. I did not read the new guideline close enough that indicate that forum administrators will not

dictate location of FJR gatherings...admins can delete this post if they like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask this question of you though...If we play nice and are considerate and don't use the region in Arkansas as the SFO(say Mountain View or Jasper) or are up in Southern Missouri, will we be frowned upon by attempting an Arkansas or Missouri CFO meet?

edit - sorry. I did not read the new guideline close enough that indicate that forum administrators will not

dictate location of FJR gatherings...admins can delete this post if they like.
I want to leave it but add the point that when admins talked about this--we knew multiple people were looking to us to try and resolve some dispute. And we really didn't think we should get into that role. Besides eing a difficult line to draw, we get in your forum lives plenty already. That said, we really, really, really wanted to appeal to everybody's fair sense and sort it out yourselves. If CFO wants to travel and see other parts of the country....that just seems to me to fulfill the touring part of the Super Sport Touring title of this fine motorcycle.

If CFO wants to travel and see other parts of the country....that just seems to me to fulfill the touring part of the Super Sport Touring title of this fine motorcycle.

That's what we wanted to do was just to mix it up a bit. That being said, it doesn't mean we would have traveled to the other side of the country either. We at CFO looked at the C as Central USA. Arkansas was in the central part of the US, simple enough. But whatever. I still don't see what the big deal was. I feel bad for the whole incident.

As it is now I don't know if I will be able to take part in planning the CFO anyway. I asked fjr1300 to take the lead for us because he was down that way. I suppose soemone will step up, I hope so. My summer is filling up fast already so I don't know if CFO will be in the works for me anyway now. Well see what happens.

devanator/Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't see what the big deal was.
I asked fjr1300 to take the lead for us because he was down that way. I suppose soemone will step up, I hope so.
Perhaps so, but fjr1300 will not be able to do it on this forum as most are aware. He is not welcome here anymore and was related to what the big deal was. Hopefully, without him the folks that remain can pick up the pieces and move on.

You might as well make it the Northern CFO and the Southern CFO.

I live in the central part of the CFO, and trust me: there is nothing worth coming to ride on around here. :glare:

B)

You might as well make it the Northern CFO and the Southern CFO.
I live in the central part of the CFO, and trust me: there is nothing worth coming to ride on around here. :glare:

B)
And one more thing... I have more than once thought it would have been nice if another group was riding in the same area a couple of weeks earlier/later, since I couldn't make it at the time the meet was scheduled.

Just a thought for those nice enough to plan these get togethers.

B)

Latest posts